You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs. The Beatles

misterID wrote:

Yes, Izzy is a huge headcase.

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 48%
The Beatles 52%
Total votes: 23
Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

There is absolutely NOTHING to support your opinion that Izzy is a bigger headcase than Axl. It sounds like something someone would say just to get a  reaction. I mean seriously. Izzy's a bigger headcase than Axl? Gimme a break.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

There is absolutely NOTHING to support your opinion that Izzy is a bigger headcase than Axl. It sounds like something someone would say just to get a  reaction. I mean seriously. Izzy's a bigger headcase than Axl? Gimme a break.

There isn't a bigger headcase in rock and roll than Axl Rose. End of story.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, that's Syd Barrett, followed by Brian Wilson.

Yes, he is completely unpredictable. I have everything to support my opinion. When he was in the band, none of the band knew what he was going to do next. I remember following the last year he was in the band and knew it was over the day he was on a plane, pissed himself, punched a female flight attendant and laughed about it. He's a weird dude. Even more weird than Axl.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm.

Izzy does seem to have an inability to commit to anything, and a tendency to randomly walk from any difficult situation, which when coupled with his nature as a former junkie/dealer makes him somewhat unpredictable.

Then again, Axl's been arrested 30 times, has been charged with inciting a riot, accused of spousal abuse with 2 wives, alleged to have pushed a piano out a window in a temper, alleged to have repeatedly smashed up then repaired his penthouse apartment, spent close to 10 years as a recluse, decided to change his band's style to a new genre at the hight of their popularity, spent more than 15 years to create 1 album then boycotted it's release, has been left by some of the top musicians in the world (may not be his fault but how many times can it be the other person), has been unable to do even simple music business tasks despite having some of the top managers in the world in his employ, is entirely nocturnal, routinely comes on stage hours after scheduled starting times with limited explanation, radically changes his appearance - sometimes using excessive cosmetic procedures perhaps, promoted his housekeeper to head of a multi-million dollar business operation, is known to have veto'd employees by use of a psychic, often times still appears to be in a rage, is rumoured on many occasions to be suicidal, tours under the original band name with no original members, accused his own band mate - a world famous guitarist - of ruining the band's albums then plays nearly only the songs co-written by that member....

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Looks like the best bands winning 5k_zpsd582fc87.jpg

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, that's Syd Barrett, followed by Brian Wilson.

Yes, he is completely unpredictable. I have everything to support my opinion. When he was in the band, none of the band knew what he was going to do next. I remember following the last year he was in the band and knew it was over the day he was on a plane, pissed himself, punched a female flight attendant and laughed about it. He's a weird dude. Even more weird than Axl.

16 Oh I see. So everything to support your opinion is what took place over 20 years ago when the guy was a junkie and then decided to clean himself up and leave the band. Since then what supports your opinion that Izzy is a bigger  headcase than Axl?  You think Izzy's actions the last 20 years have shown him to be more fucked up than Axl?  Ok than roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

axl is alot crazier than Izzy...no doubt...what you smokin' ID?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

No question on Syd. Axl vs Izzy is a 1st round 10 second KO by Axl.  Izzy's "crazy" is enigmatic, gypsy, unpredictable, but it's not (barring the heroin days) destructive, self-defeating, or paranoid.  Izzy just marches to his own beat, and despite my disappointment in his no show to RRHOF, I can't really think of anything else he's done that I don't fully support. I still consider him the departure that killed GNR, and though the following tours were great, I think I'm proven right by the piece of crap that was TSI? and the total lack of confidence Axl had in writing with that lineup.

Board footer