You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Stacey wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Silver Linings PLAYBOOK, fools wink

Tell that the the current ad campaign?

I yell at the TV when it happens there too. But they don't hear me. You guys do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Watched Expendables 2 again over the weekend. It's still a decent, popcorn action flick in a throwback 80's cheese sort of way.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

Watched Expendables 2 again over the weekend. It's still a decent, popcorn action flick in a throwback 80's cheese sort of way.

Me and my bro love that film. Just a great movie to kick back to.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been wondering about seeing Last Stand and Bullet To The Head this weekend or next. Last Stand, despite being a financial flop, was reviewed better, but Bullet To The Head's negative reviews are just positives to me. They say the return of Walter Hill as director with Stallone as star, Bullet is like an action film had Stallone made it in 1986. They say that like it's a negative... sounds fantastic to me.

So has anybody seen Last Stand or Bullet yet?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

I've been wondering about seeing Last Stand and Bullet To The Head this weekend or next. Last Stand, despite being a financial flop, was reviewed better, but Bullet To The Head's negative reviews are just positives to me. They say the return of Walter Hill as director with Stallone as star, Bullet is like an action film had Stallone made it in 1986. They say that like it's a negative... sounds fantastic to me.

So has anybody seen Last Stand or Bullet yet?

Go see Last Stand...it's really good! : D

johndivney wrote:

finally saw the 2nd X-Files film last nite
jesus it was shite
cheap as fk too - billy connelly?! haha!
i guess duchovny was fuckin amanda peet @ the time. i can't stand her & can't think of any other reason why she'd have been cast (except she was prob cheap)
& xibit?!
still it was nice seeing mulder n scully again. even if the whole catholic bullshit dying kid thing was a drag.

where the fuck were the aliens?! or the action? there was like one shitty chase scene w/the guy from due south & that was it. there was a half decent story buried in the main plot but they didn't get to it til like forever.
t was just so shit. such a waste.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree. I was massively let down by X-Files: I Want To Believe. A throwaway, pussy story by Carter to arrogantly try to make a stand-alone story movie, of which Carter was always an overrated writer. He claimed Fox didn't want a "mythology" story which is a complete and utter lie, because Fox begged him for years to do an X-Files 2 that was a direct-sequel to the original X-Files film, as well as the series finale TV movie, X-Files: The Truth. They battled for years, because Carter didn't want to do it, but had some ownership thingy over the series where Fox couldn't go forward with anything that wasn't approved by Carter under the X-Files name.

Then when X-Files 2 tanked, and was panned by fans & critics, suddenly Carter tried to save face by saying "his plan all along was to have X-Files 3 be made in 2012, and pick up with the events from 'The Truth' 10 years later". Whatever.

Carter buried his own franchise with his own ego.

The only way X-Files: I Want To Believe works, is if you retcon it, pretend there's no mention of their exile from the FBI, and pretend I Want To Believe is just a feature-length "lost episode" from the show's 9th Season, pre-series finale... because considering the quality of the film... it comes across as a late Season 9 piece of turd from the series.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The Help. I actually really enjoyed it.

Maybe it's age but I'm finding some genres are getting tiresome.

johndivney wrote:

TPB: AFK

doc about 3 of the guys behind tpb & the injustice they have to endure as hollywood fuckers hunt them down thru swedish courts.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I saw Life of Pi a week ago at the discount theater.

It's a really imaginative film with a pretty cool message. The main character, Pi, is very interesting and the journey that he goes on is inspiring. The visuals in this movie are fuckin stellar. It's pretty as fuck to look at, and I was actually kinda disappointed that they weren't offering it in 3D. The ending is a little ambiguous, but in a good way. Definitely reccomend it.

Board footer