You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Volkswagen Super Bowl Ad...Racist?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

But if it were a black dude using a "White" voice it would be funny and acceptable. I hate society more and more every day.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

How the fuck is it racist? Would it not be portraying Jamaican's as happy people? Everyone who gets happy starts talking with a Jamaican accent. Seems pro Jamaican to me. Too bad there's way too many fucking losers on this planet who need to find controversy in everything. 

Lomax wrote:

The word Racist sells papers and gets website clicks, that simple.  This is no more racist than assuming Irish people have red hair

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

The payoff of the commercial should be that the VW is clouded with pot smoke.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

But if it were a black dude using a "White" voice it would be funny and acceptable. I hate society more and more every day.

Pretty much this. It's only racist, until it offends whites, and then it's okay.

Fuck the media. The same ones beating this gun death shit into the ground, simply trying to grab ratings.

Lomax wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I get what you're saying Riad, but I don't even think that's the deal here. I really think that there's some people out there claiming to be all offended by it.

You're right, I mean personally I try to insulate myself from that kind of person in my daily life, a short conversation with one would alienate them anyway, but there is a sense of "crying wolf" in terms of racism when someone mentions harmless cultural racial stereotypes.

As far as this Volkswagon one goes. like BLS said it would be totally ok if it were the other way around and I couldn't agree more with Bono about it being people just looking for something to be upset about.

True that.

Board footer