You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: [Request] VMA 2002 Video

Will wrote:

Can someone please upload a decent quality rip of the VMA 2002 performance (and interview if you have it) for me smile

I've looked on the GNR Tracker but it's not being seeded as far as I can tell and I'd prefer not to download from Youtube as it's only 360 FLV format so goes all pixelated.

Cheers 22

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

In order to have a decent quality rip, would the performance have had to have been a decent quality?

Will

Will wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

In order to have a decent quality rip, would the performance have had to have been a decent quality?

roll

Anyone able to upload this?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've only got a youtube type rip I think.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Honestly, the bad performance was really only Axl, and it seemed to be only on Jungle and PC. I thought he sang Madagascar absolutely magnificently, especially the "I'm free of all the chains" part.

Maybe Axl did it on purpose, make the old stuff sound pale in comparison to the new songs... 10 14

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
Will wrote:

Can someone please upload a decent quality rip of the VMA 2002 performance (and interview if you have it) for me smile

Will, there are a few Youtube videos for that performance that are "HD" (search YT for "vma guns roses, hd").  They may all be from the same source.  Most are stretched to fill the screen, but at least one isn't:

http://youtu.be/3VywV4NEkpA

With a downloader, this one can be ripped at 720 mp4.  I have a different one that is 1080, but I doubt it is a true 1080.  There is some significant interlacing, and appears to be from a Korean broadcast (some subtitles).  I think I can upload it for you if you want, but the file is nearly 500mb for just 11 minutes of content, and the interview isn't included.  Let me know.

Will

Will wrote:

Perfect evader, just what I was looking for cheers smile Will have to remember searching youtube for HD in future, I always associate it with low resolution but I guess they've moved with the times.

On a side note it made me realise just how long ago this performance was when the introduction says "Put the tape in your VCR" 16

Board footer