You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Grammys

Bono wrote:

So did anyone else watch these tonight?  I did. I gotta say it was pretty darn good as far as the performances went. It was actually pretty good for once and for obvious reasons. they loaded the performances with real bands who play real instruments and don't lip sync. Nothing was mind blowing but it was all for the most part really good. Gee who knew if you got real performers to perform the show would be good. Maybe real musc fans? just a  guess. Easily the best Grammys in years.

I think Carrie Underwood gave the best performance. Vocally she was pretty awesome. Pretty nice to look at too but holy visually Katy Perry sole the show. 11

katy-perry-grammys-2013-red-carpet.jpg

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:

So did anyone else watch these tonight?  I did. I gotta say it was pretty darn good as far as the performances went. It was actually pretty good for once and for obvious reasons. they loaded the performances with real bands who play real instruments and don't lip sync. Nothing was mind blowing but it was all for the most part really good. Gee who knew if you got real performers to perform the show would be good. Maybe real musc fans? just a  guess. Easily the best Grammys in years.

I think Carrie Underwood gave the best performance. Vocally she was pretty awesome. Pretty nice to look at too but holy visually Katy Perry sole the show. 11

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-conte … carpet.jpg

You ain't kiddin' What a woman! 11

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Fuck yeah Halestorm! Picked up the album a few weeks ago and it rocks! Lzzy is a force of nature! 20

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You beat me to it Bono.  Posted the same exact pictures in the Katy Perry thread before I checked this one.  Touche good sir.  Obviously I agree, she ruled the night without winning a single award.

There actually were some pretty solid performances.  I enjoyed the Levon Helm and Bob Marley tributes the best.  Still could care less about a lot of the nominated artists, songs, albums, etc.  But, such is life.  As long as Katy is showing off her best assets, I am there. 

Forgot about Carrie Underwood's performance.  She was quite good too.  Not a fan of Frank Ocean by any means, but to me it sounded like he was out of tune his whole performance.  But who knows, maybe that's how he's supposed to sound.

Me_Wise_Magic

Jack White should of won some awards. He was going up against some tough competition though. Does anyone have a link to the Bond tribute with the Bond alumni, Adele, and the other performers at that point?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Jack White should of won some awards. He was going up against some tough competition though. Does anyone have a link to the Bond tribute with the Bond alumni, Adele, and the other performers at that point?

JWIII was completely robbed.

Agreed. Especially since his album's songs trump all the other albums listed in the category. It's a stronger body of work with the right production and showing Jack at his best. Sixteen Saltines, Missing Pieces, Freedom at 21, hell Hip Eponymous Poor Boy, Love Interruption, Guess I Should Go to Sleep, I'm Shakin'...so many great songs! Damn shame! The thing that pissed me off that none of the radio stations near my area would play songs from the album hardly at all.

johndivney wrote:

JWIII is God.

but yea compared to that crappy black keys album & that one fun. song u don't hear blunderbuss on the wireless. oh well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So how does this stuff even work?

Like megadeth's song listed is the worst on that album, and then it looses to Halstorm or whatever....but like if they picked a good song from that Album.....

Board footer