You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Bono wrote:

Meh I'll take a cool universal belt any day over a gimmicky customized belt.

Cheesy gimmick
o_Belt-StoneColdA3.jpg

Classy kickass belt
WWF32.jpg

tongue to each their own though.

the only customized belt that ever worked in my opinion was the million dollar belt and it's because it was essential to his character.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I just listen to too much metal cause I'm digging the shit outta those skulls!

AtariLegend wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

THANK YOU.

That ghetto bullshit belt needed to go well before now. Not a bad belt. Better than it was. Hopefully they do not return after The Rock loses it. Also, when did the rock become Champion? He wrestles? Promo for Fast and the Furious is coming soon so I guess not for long.

Wrestlemania buyrate last year was biggest in history, so they're doing another re-match this year to put Cena over this time yawn.

Rock won it at the Rumble, he ended Punk's almost year and half long title reign. Rock has shows up rarely and randomly throughout the year.

He has alot movies coming out this year, so he won't be around alot. It was also rumored sort of, that he's doing it because his mother enjoys watching him wrestle. She has cancer.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I could be biased cause I've always loved that old belt. I had to do some digging but I knew I still had it somewhere. This is a cardboard belt I made when I was in grade 6. That's 1989! It fit like a charm back then, not so much in 2013 16

18089_10152565386680397_1622220142_n.jpg
66704_10152565387335397_345097510_n.jpg

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Bono, I loved the old winged belt.  Not really sure why they had to get rid of it.  It was distinctly different from the WCW belt. 

Anyone been reading this stuff that's been coming out about the WWE network?  Apparently, they want people to pay $25 a month.  You'll have access to 11 of the 12 PPVs (Wrestlemania is not included of course) and other WWE programming.  That one is going to be a real hard sell when you consider that HBO only costs $15 and they give you several channels as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That belt was supposed to be debuted with Punk, as he helped design it:

th?id=H.4538428404138525&pid=15.1

I think it would have been cool to have a little Razor Ramon/Shawn Michael's gimmick where they both had title belts and wrestled for them in the rematch... Because Punk did beat Rock in that first match 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Loved the wing tipped belt. Another thing I had noticed these past few years. Nobody actually wears the belt or throws it over the shoulder unstrapped anymore. Just a weird thing I had always noticed.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I agree Russ. The old IC belt is as good or better than even the wing tipped belt. It was always bigger than the World Heavyweight belt too which I thought was odd since the HW championship was always like the A division and the IC belt was always like the B division in terms of importance although I loved how back in the day the IC belt actually meant something.

the WWE needs to do something. I've always thought it is lame they have a WWE Champ, a HW champ and an IC champ, a US champ..... too many.  The belts don't mean anything anymore. Part of that in my opinion is they are always changing them and that they change hands way too often aside from Punk recently.  It's pretty lame that Randy Orton is a 9 time champ. I mean c'mon. I love Triple H and even I think it's lame he's like a 13 time champ.

They should get rid of the US belt and get rid of the WWE belt. Have the HW championship(current style or wing tipped) and the IC belt and the tag belts and that's it. Also tag teams should not be individuals paired up. They should bring back actual tag teams and hve them wrestle as tag teams only.

Tag belts should also go back to the classic belts
wwf_tag_team.jpg

But yeah the IC belt in any colour looks sick.
597__450x202_wwe-ic-belt-7.jpg
h90lu.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

WCW/NWA had a shitload of title belts at one time:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
US CHAMPIONSHIP
TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (not kidding)
CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You guys know my opinion on this... Smoking Skull Belt or fuck off.

Board footer