You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Retire the GNR name or reunite with Slash, Izzy & Duff.

Enough already.

Repost for effect

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Just based out of curiosity shouldn't this thread be in the ex gunners thread. I mean let's be honest if someone had started a Bring Back Slash thread they'd be told to fuck off, the thread would be moved or locked and the person who started it would be accused of trolling and hating the new band.

I guess I'm just seeing some real inconsistencys here and to be honest I do find it annoying that it's perfectly acceptable to discuss bringing Robin back but the idea of classic GnR memebers returning is relegated to another thread and anyone who likes the iea of Slsh returning is living in the past. I guess it's the principle of it all.  Epecially after the topic of some of us being too negative towards the new band a month ago and yet here we are with members of the board openly saying it's time to reunite Guns N' Roses..... but only the 2002 version cause that's ok.

I have to think I'm not the only one who has noticed this and is scratching their head a bit.

^ Yeah, pretty much all of this.

I'm guessing bringing back Robin is different, because he's part of the post-Slash new era of GN'R, which this site is primarily dedicated to.

I still find it odd like you said, because Robin is still an ex-member regardless.
And to me, wanting him back still seems like a "negative" motion towards the current band, that we were accused of not supporting to begin with.

Have to agree with Buzz though, this is an entertaining thread! 14

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That, and this thread is filled with "negative" attitudes towards DJ. I find it all quite silly really... 14

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Exactly Metallex.

RussTCB wrote:

No need to drop the "principles" line. This thread being in the GN'R section for a couple days has less to do with principles and more to do with human error. A simple "Could this be moved to the Ex-Gunners section?" would have sufficed.

In any case, I'll move it now.

I'm not bringing the principles of it into this based on where this thread was posted per se. That's something I really don't care about. I really don't because to me it's all Guns N' Roses.

I'm more drawing attention to the fact that mere weeks ago many of us were accused of being too negative, not suportive enough of the new band and yet a few weeks later the very people who complained about that are the ones expressing a desire to have the old 2002 lineup back while those who were accused of being too negative are the ones who are saying no we want this band to do somthing. It's all a bit odd no?  Honestly one of the biggest head scratchers I've seen on this site or any site really.

And I still say give me 13 years and NO budget and I could write a better song than IRS 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Worst guitar player these ears have ever heard

no thanks

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That, and this thread is filled with "negative" attitudes towards DJ. I find it all quite silly really... 14

People have been negative towards DJ since he entered the band, not just this thread. Look at his emoticon here. 16

I can say, Bono is probably more confident and excited about the new line up's music than I am. That's probably true, I'll take him at his word because he genuinely seems more excited than I am. If he likes Ballad of Death that much, that dude is a believer in DJ.

The posters who don't like DJ and prefer the 02 line up don't seem to be bagging on the new band in every thread, either. That could really be that so many people from the 02 line up are still in the band, unlike the original.

5 years of THIS line up and you guys are just finding out that I don't like DJ or Ron (musically) and don't care about any new songs from them is pretty telling about what I'm talking about. I should be jumping on Axl every day for screweing up a great line up and dragging his feet for YEARS. I don't identify myself as "we" when discussing negative posters. I want this band to succeed and want to be blown away by new music, even if my expectations have just been beaten down and pulverized since Robin and Bucket left. I want to be proven wrong.

A few weeks back it was brought up that the board was too positive at one time, so it is funny that a few of us actually feel this way and didn't take it out on the board.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

The problem isn't the guitar players. The problem is Axl Rose.

the following are all pro shot. Enjoy 9

DJ

Richard

Ron

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I like DJ's take on Bucket's Sorry solo, I have to admit that. And I like his take on IRS. I give him credit there. The thing that really gets on my nerves is that Steve Stevenson 80s era guitar noodling shit, like he does on the outro of Better. I can't stand that shit.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Regarding song writing, Bono is absolutely correct.
I have three words for people who do not buy into the idea that massively popular and highly crafted albums cannot be fronted by people with no talent once the budget is right...
The Spice Girls.

Those bitches are at the far end of the spectrum but believe me there are many "real" bands who draft in teams of writers and musicians to craft every second of their songs.
Axl was no exception, with Gary Sunshine (Aerosmith writer) hauled in listen and evaluate the tunes he had for CD. By all accounts he wasn't a fan.

To me, "Better" is the only song that really looked like a move away from the Slash era and that sounded great. (I'm referring to the early demo version I first heard).

All the piano songs on CD are "Illusions for the New Millenium" tunes that are really not much of a stretch from the old sound (just a bit more modern with some nods to Radiohead type atmospherics in the background etc). I think Slash could have poured much more emotion into them than the players did on CD.

Axl's style, no matter how hard he tries to escape it, is more Elton John than Trent Reznor. I just don’t think he rubs up well with the harsh landscape of that style of music. I like parts of Shacklers for sure, but that’s as far down that road I can go with Axl.

So, what am I saying? Well, to me CD wasn’t worth the hassle Axl has put himself, his old bandmates, his fans and all of the replacement players through. None of it was beyond the old band to deliver just as well if not better than the replacements did. Scrapped, Riad, Sorry, Maddy all have their moments but ultimately I find myself putting on Breakdown, You Could be Mine and Estranged and thinking to myself “why the fuck did he walk away from this band?”

Board footer