You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Slash nottingham

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the Slash show and GnR show I saw last year were about equal.  Slash was awesome, but there's something about Axl singing those songs (even poorly at times) that is just special.  Nobody plays them like Slash and nobody sings them like Axl.  I have to say the Chicago 92 show was better then both, but the setlist for that show was just awesome.

You were at the Chicago show you lucky fucker where were you on the floor that dvd is killer

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the Slash show and GnR show I saw last year were about equal.  Slash was awesome, but there's something about Axl singing those songs (even poorly at times) that is just special.  Nobody plays them like Slash and nobody sings them like Axl.  I have to say the Chicago 92 show was better then both, but the setlist for that show was just awesome.

You were at the Chicago show you lucky fucker where were you on the floor that dvd is killer

I was right by where Slash's setup was about 2-3 rows back.  I'm sure if I looked close enough I could find myself somewhere in the video.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I was right by where Slash's setup was about 2-3 rows back.  I'm sure if I looked close enough I could find myself somewhere in the video.

Your the fucken man 5

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Rex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, and the youtube clips just don't do Axl justice. I'm not saying that he sounds amazing live, but it just ain't the same.

Neither pro-shots, I guess.

Believe me, this is how he sounds. Just the live show's excitement and the volume hides it for people who are there. To tell the truth I thought that Robin played well in the Budapest show, 2006. Then I listened the recordings...no shit.
Therefore as much as I enjoyed Slash's show last month, I checked it on youtube. He and Myles and the band was even better than live, cause I could hear clearer everything (the whole arena was singin' every fuckin' song, including his solo stuff - the only exception was Serial Killer that not many knew).

Board footer