You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Ron says 'Just Forget About A New Record Until It Happens'

RaZor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Rex wrote:

I guess "soon" is no longer the word.

Exactly.

I know that some fans here are hoping for a late 2013 release of old, CD-era songs, but hey it won't happen. If there was any plan, Ron wouldn't have been talking negatively about it. It'll be years till those Finck/BH/Tobias leftovers will be released, if ever. I don't think that Axl wanna make a new album in his life.

I think we'll hear it eventually, at the very least after Axl dies. I imagine whoever ends up with his estate will want to cash in the vault.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ron is kinda the new matt sorum

Only one not afraid to call axl out

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

RussTCB wrote:

Ya know... that thought has crossed my mind too. Like how Hendrix and 2pac have released so much material after their deaths. I sometimes wonder if that's Axl's plan: to just hold on to all of this supposed "mind blowing" material to have released after he's gone.

You fucking know that at the back of their minds, the record company execs are thinking, "If Axl keels over tomorrow, we can get the old band to lay down some tracks over these vocals..." They are exactly that cynical.

I wonder if Axl's pre-empted that with some clauses in his will.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

And if he hasn't already he is now 16

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Exactly.

I know that some fans here are hoping for a late 2013 release of old, CD-era songs, but hey it won't happen. If there was any plan, Ron wouldn't have been talking negatively about it. It'll be years till those Finck/BH/Tobias leftovers will be released, if ever. I don't think that Axl wanna make a new album in his life.

I think we'll hear it eventually, at the very least after Axl dies. I imagine whoever ends up with his estate will want to cash in the vault.

Ya know... that thought has crossed my mind too. Like how Hendrix and 2pac have released so much material after their deaths. I sometimes wonder if that's Axl's plan: to just hold on to all of this supposed "mind blowing" material to have released after he's gone.

Not a bad plan I guess, it'll def have a bigger impact post mortem.  Maybe he wants to go out with a bang so there will be rumors he faked his death, Axl sightings, etc.  lol.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

And if he hasn't already he is now 16

LOL - I bet he gets half of his ideas of what not to do from what we come up with for them to do.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I need to hear what's finished in the vault. For closure if anything. All those years waiting and waiting. Kills me there is more material from that era supposedly. Especially from Axl. His lyrics and vibe on those tracks. I was hoping for more anger and venom on CD. If you think about it, if there are a bunch other songs then they have to touch on that aspect. Where is the rage from the fall out of old band. It has to be there. His take on his musical exile. That's the essence of a great rock and roll record. Raw emotion.

Also I ve been really intrigued to hear more of buckets influence especially with Brain behind the kit. Tommy is rock and roll. He embodies it more than any other new member. Hopefully Axl harnessed that.

Id also like to see this line up crank one out but I just can't see it happening. They seem to have chemistry but Axl doesn't seem to be into on a record level. Just more wasted time.

Great post.

I wish there was a special addiction CD rerelease where we have the double album Axl originally imagined. It would solve a lot of problems and give all the fans a sense of closure, maybe Axl himself.

If he did that I think more fans would be open to a new album from this line up, than fans just walking away.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I will add this, if Ron wants to make a new GN'R record... Start writing. He doesn't need the entire band there. DJ has been writing stuff for Axl on his own (I think Dizzy and Mother Goose were helping him, not sure, just what I'm assuming from some stuff). That's how Axl rolls. Write some stuff, and he likes it you build from it. No one is stopping Ron from writing for the band.

Board footer