You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Rex Brown's New Book Offical Truth 101 Proof

BLS-Pride wrote:

Few heavy metal acts survived the turmoil of the early 1990s music scene. Pantera was different. Instead of humoring the market, the band instead demanded that the audience come to them by releasing a series of fiercely uncompromising, platinum albums, including Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven—two #1 albums that, like Metallica’s And Justice for All, sold millions of copies despite minimal airplay.

Rex Brown’s memoir is the definitive account of life inside one of rock’s biggest bands, which succeeded against all odds but ultimately ended in tragedy when iconic lead guitarist Darrell “Dimebag” Abbott was murdered mid-performance by a deranged fan.

This is a lucid account of the previously untold story behind one of the most influential bands in heavy metal history, written by the man best qualified to tell the truth about those incredible and often difficult years of fame and excess.

Anyone else looking forward to this? Can't wait to hear Rex's side of Pantera. His fillings towads Vinnie as well. I am actually gonna meet him in March at a book signing event. Shit will get fucking hostile. 9

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dude..that's awesome. Hope he turns out to be a cool guy. I heard about this book over facebook and it does sound like an interesting read. Love me some Pantera.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'd be curious to hear his side of the story, especially in regards to what he actually remembers. From what Phil has said, they were all heavy drinkers in the Pantera days, and that Rex took it to a whole nother level, so much so, he's gone through some alcohol related illness problems recently.

Still love Pantera, and man, what I'd give to still have Dimebag alive and still making music. Vinnie Paul still seems to be sitting on all that unreleased Damageplan music too...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah his memory must be faded but a lot of it is on tape. The record the fuck outta tours and shit. I'd like to hear more of the business side of the band. If he was a part of that or not. Which side did he fall on with Phil's ODs and shit. Also Dime's death and also where he falls on that issue. Will be a good read. Getting to meet the dude is just a plus. Seen him play on stage before but never in person. Plus its gonna be a Pantera crowd, gonna be a party. Hopefully there is a bar close by.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nice...cant wait to read this

saw pantera twice live, were the most awesome experiences

Board footer