You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Been getting ready for St Patty's Day a little early

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I listened to previews of Coheeds new albums on iTunes a few Weeks ago. Sounds good, but the post grunge stuff just isn't doing it for me lately.

The only Coheed song I've ever heard is Welcome Home. Should I look into more?

They're definitely worth a look, some of it is a bit eh and soundwise, both instrumentally and vocally, it can be a bit "emo-y" but they have a lot of new stuff. I'm really enjoying their new album currently. Listen to the opening two tracks of "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth", great opening to an album. Also The Suffering of "Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV" is a great track.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Riad wrote:

@razor Is it cos they're all shit?

Hah. But no, I wouldn't say that. I just haven't been in the mood for it lately.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I listened to previews of Coheeds new albums on iTunes a few Weeks ago. Sounds good, but the post grunge stuff just isn't doing it for me lately.

The only Coheed song I've ever heard is Welcome Home. Should I look into more?

What I heard sounded good but didn't really stand out to me, so I wouldn't recommend it. But to be fair I haven't been in the mood for anything other than hard rock lately.

But if you like Tool and don't mind a hint of Emo, you might like them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

^^ hah. I actually like Tool, they have a few songs I think are really awesome. And I'm not an Emo hater. I'm not a big fan of it, but I don't bash it either. Generally, if its rock, or has a guitar riff I like, I can dig it.

A newer band you should check out, if you haven't already, the Darkness.  They have an 80's glam metal sound, and they came out with a new album last year called Hot Cakes. Awesome album.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

This:

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

I'm currently listening to Slither... Because it's coming from my basement... Where Russ is spinning records.
So really, Russ is listening to Slither smile

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Stacey wrote:

I'm currently listening to Slither... Because it's coming from my basement... Where Russ is spinning records.
So really, Russ is listening to Slither smile

Let the good music flow through the house! smile

Board footer