You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Curious Sorry/Shackler mention

apex-twin wrote:

Imagine it took all this time to run into it... 14

WINTER 2008
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Guns n'Roses new album, Chinese Democracy, has finally seen the light of day. And with it are two songs that Rob and good friend Pete Scaturro helped create, way back in 2000. Yes, in the year 2000. Pete and Rob produced the tracks "Sorry" and "Shackler's Revenge" with literal guitar hero Buckethead and former Gn'R and Primus drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia, with Axl ultimately adding his voice. We were surprised as anybody...and look forward to our free can of Dr. Pepper.

-http://www.meetbeaton.com/news/-

Sky Dog wrote:

I am shocked those songs are from 2000

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

And Shacklers would have seemed so much more relevant music wise, had it been released in 02. Could have been a good single to fit the time. Seems a natural progression from OMG.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

jonesy wrote:

And Shacklers would have seemed so much more relevant music wise, had it been released in 02. Could have been a good single to fit the time. Seems a natural progression from OMG.

Interesting tidbits. Good Chinese Whispers material. Yeah it seemed like the logical step forward at the time. Still love the tune no matter how long it was being tweaked. It's strange cause I thought that song was worked on towards the end of bucket time in Guns probably mid 02-03 and then of course being re-edited, recorded with ron epic soloing and other rhythm guitar parts. Would of loved to hear the original version though from the early 2000s and what the solos were like.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no telling how much material Axl has from the Brain and Bucket sessions. I always got the feeling they spent a lot of time writing a lot of stuff when they basically lived in the studio for the CD sessions.

I wonder if this is the period Better is from.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

There's no telling how much material Axl has from the Brain and Bucket sessions. I always got the feeling they spent a lot of time writing a lot of stuff when they basically lived in the studio for the CD sessions.

I wonder if this is the period Better is from.

Wouldn't surprise me!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I believe those songs follow the Bob Ezrin comment "3 good songs". Axl was bleeding for new, ahem, better songs at the time and also went after Down by the Ocean, originally demoed by Izzy and Duff for the aborted '96 album.

Soon after, they started to moan about Brain rerecording Josh on CD and not sounding enough like Dave Grohl. 10

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am shocked those songs are from 2000

Are you being sarcastic? Even in 2000, Shackler's was 2 years late to the dance. I think it would've had a better chance at being a hit though. It also plays into what Axl was doing at the time, so not much of a shock there either. He produced Oh My God, Shackler's sister song, only a year earlier.

Regardless, White Zombie milked that cow in the mid-90's and Rob later in '98, at that point. GN'R may have their brand-name, but there was nothing cutting-edge though.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Yes, but with Bucket`s solo, not Ron`s.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Always had those 2 down as newer, from a similar time frame as Better 03/04 period. It does look like the core of writing and recording was done in 99-01 and everything since has been tweaking that original material.

Board footer