You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

BurningHills wrote:

This has been VERIFIED by Madison at mygnr! 9

Dr. Pepper to Give Away Free Product If Axl Rose Releases 'Chinese Democracy'
Posted Mar 25th 2008 9:50PM by Kim Davis
Filed under: News, Holy Hell

Dr. Pepper is imploring Axl Rose to put out his album that's been an astounding 17 years in the making. The creators of the curiously candy-like beverage have promised that if Rose releases Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' at any point in 2008, everyone in America will receive a free can of Dr. Pepper.

But free soda aside, the best part about the proposal might just be the way the company is not only relating to, but sympathizing with, the 46-year-old singer. "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients that our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr. Pepper -- not even blinking at her nod to the band's 1989 hit 'Patience.' "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album." What's more? The "everyone" in their promise comes with a big, wickedly funny asterisk: According to the Dr., both Slash and Buckethead will be left off the gift list. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Feel like supporting the cause? Head here to get involved.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/25/dr-pe … ses-chine/

http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

That's actually pretty clever on Dr. Pepper's part. Shows GN'R still has some marketing balls, at least according to someone. Still, I don't get why the Buckethead/Slash dis. Even in good fun, I can't support that.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

WTF? Lol. Hopefully GNR is using this in some way... but I doubt it. And why Dr. Pepper? Woulda gone for some Coke instead...:(.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

interesting how this is not on any of dr. pepper's official internet communication tools, but rather on a free blog...

i call BS...

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

assuming (with a huge ass 13 ) this is true i don't think axl will care. it would be a huge promotion opportunity but we know about who we're talking about here 14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this is fucked up 16

what will they think of next hmm

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

just to note that the thread on this at that "other place" hasn't been deleted or meddled with by any of the mods...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

http://pressreleasetosaveworld.blogspot.com/

anyway someone over @ mygnr says that Kaneda is involved in this...dont know much about him other than his reputation but maybe some of our mygnr people can shed some light on his motives

as for htgth not taking it down....maybe jarmo is sleeping 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I haven't said anything like this in about two years but:
Maybe it's the start of some sort of marketing?

i very much doubt it for one reason and one reason only: the mention of slash and buckethead.
i don't think any kind of promotion regarding chinese democracy would take into consideration taking a shot at slash/buckethead. it would be too unprofessional me thinks

Board footer