You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash and Paul Tobias

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Watch " The Song Remains the Same " DVD carefully and then say with straight face that Page sucked live or Slash plays circles around him. It`s simply not true. He was untouchable live up untill 75. He became sloppy later due to his cocaine addiction. Don`t overrate Slash to death for god`s sake.

Sorry, where did I say that Page sucked? I just said Slash played circles around him.

Page is a great guitarist, but Slash is a better player.

I've seen that DVD too, and I still stand by my statement.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Laugh all you want, Slash plays circles around Jimmy Page.

Only in delusional Slash`s fanboys` mind is Slash better than Page,

I ain't no delusional fan boy, I'm someone who plays guitar and knows that Slash has better chops than Jimmy Page.

I like Jimmy Page, but Slash is the better guitar player of the two. And that's not to say that Jimmy Page isn't a great player too.

So no need to get all upset ya big girl! 14 14 14

LOL speak for yourself ya crybaby you always get your panties in a bunch over my posts. Last but not least, stop obsessing over me and get a life. Slash can`t carry Page`s bag of broken strings genius.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Only in delusional Slash`s fanboys` mind is Slash better than Page,

I ain't no delusional fan boy, I'm someone who plays guitar and knows that Slash has better chops than Jimmy Page.

I like Jimmy Page, but Slash is the better guitar player of the two. And that's not to say that Jimmy Page isn't a great player too.

LOL speak for yourself ya crybaby you always get your panties in a bunch over my posts. Last but not least, stop obsessing over me and get a life. Slash can`t carry Page`s bag of broken strings genius.

Who's Salsh, genuis?

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Watch " The Song Remains the Same " DVD carefully and then say with straight face that Page sucked live or Slash plays circles around him. It`s simply not true. He was untouchable live up untill 75. He became sloppy later due to his cocaine addiction. Don`t overrate Slash to death for god`s sake.

Sorry, where did I say that Page sucked? I just said Slash played circles around him.

And where did I say that Slash sucked ? I simply said, he was n`t better than Page and I, too, stand by my statement he is n`t and never will better than Page.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Who's Salsh, genuis?

Typing mistake wanksta.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

And where did I say that Slash sucked ? I simply said, he was n`t better than Page and I, too, stand by my statement he is n`t and never will better than Page.

I never said that you said Slash sucked, but you said that I said Page sucked... genius.

But you called me a fan boy because Slash is better than Page, so clearly you're the cry baby.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I never said that you said Slash sucked, but you said that I said Page sucked... genius.

But you called me a fan boy because Slash is better than Page, so clearly you're the cry baby.

My first post was n`t directed at you so why the fuck did you jump in I`ll never know and yes, anyone who says that Slash is better than Page, is a deluded fanboy in my book. Say that outside of GNR forums, for instance, on any guitar forum or to any casual rock fan and you`ll get laughed out of your bucket. You might prefer Slash to Page but that hardly makes him better than Jimmy.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

It ain't a matter of preference, because I love Led Zep too. I'm speaking from a guitarists perspective, Slash is a better player.

Like Smoking Guns said, you'd NEVER hear Page playing Anastasia, because he can't.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

LOL, why should Page play " Anastasia " is beyond me. I`ll bet to see Slash play  " Achilles Last Stand " live.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Once you get to the level of the all time greats you can go back and forth forever about who is best.

The truth is they all have their own strengths and weaknesses, career highs and lows. But there's no doubt Slash is on that list now along with the best of all time. When he dies, he will take his place amongst people remembered for their contribution, like , like Hendrix, like Robert Johnston, like Clapton will be when he goes, Like EVH will be. You can't really say who is better in the end...but you're not going to be a student of the guitar in future generations and not be aware of his contributions to the genre...just like the others.

As for Paul Huge. The thing is Axl or Slash are so talented that they would elevate nearly any song they performed on. It's why GNR covers are so good. It's why there's so few poor songs in their catalogues.

So that Huge's songs turned out to be great when Axl agreed to sing them doesn't to me mean in itself that Huge was a great writer. I mean if Axl works on any song for 10+ years it's probably going to come out at a certain level.

Without doubt Slash could have elevated them to another level again, but as I've said, the politics in the band resulting from the takeover, Huge's personality, and Axl's distancing himself from the others emotionally made such co-operation impossible.

So yeah, if they could have got on with huge some good songs would be written for sure, but was huge needed because of weakness is the others without him? Hell no.

Board footer