You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Blood in the Water

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

I see no reason to think it's fake.  Sounds like what a remix would sound like.  That's what it is, and probably why it was never released.  I agree, it's not very "good".  But it's not like this is the lead single to the next album or anything.  With that in mind, it is what it is.  I don't expect many people to like it, and personally I won't be listening to this repeatedly, unless I decide to trip heavily on acid in the coming days.  Too repetitive.

It is what it is, a poor remix. I agree that it's so below average, that a 12-year old could have done in his room.

However, I don't understand how anyone could expect something magnificent from this stuff - remix albums are usually either very repetitive or full of "experimental" electronica, something a NIN or Skrillex fan would probably like, but not for guitar/piano music lovers. Anyway, remixes can sound good, sometimes better than the original song, like Manson's Horrible People vs. The Beautiful People. This is not the case with Blood in the Water, but the rest can be different. I don't think it could be worse than this.

BTW I don't get why they were jerking with this kind of shit, when they can't even get an album done in years/decades. Maybe the unfocused working method is another issue besides Axl's terrible working ethic, laziness and the lack of good ideas.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

-D- wrote:

Makes My World look like Coma

SHIT

16 so true!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Irony to me is that the bit that sounds good to me is Axl's one line.

I miss that voice.

I'd either like to hear the song it's sampled from, or indeed, just any other song with more lyrics.

Lomax wrote:

So... is there a link to this in the oms??? Somebody wana help me out here?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Can someone hook me up with a PM?

EDIT – never mind, found it! It's odd, isn't it? Hopefully the rest of MSL's 12 tracks will leak soon.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Anyone care to send me a link, I too wanna hear how shit it is... 14

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

At least if they do it live axl shouldn't fuck the lyrics up on this one 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

It's up on Vimeo. Just do a Google search for "Guns N Roses Blood In The Water Vimeo".

I like it smile Thanks to whoever shared.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Upon listening, it's not that bad. And like others have pointed out, it's just a remix of Prostitute bits and pieces with a new(old?) Axl vocal on top.

Certainly gets my curiosity up for more NEW leaks. It's been soooooooooooooooo long since hearing anything new since CD came out.
Well, maybe not quite 15 years, but we're nearing on 5 years almost

AtariLegend wrote:

It's fine, the biggest positive is though that it isn't a new song. This will almost certainly not be on the next album.

Something different, it's cool.

Board footer