You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Blood in the Water

Bro-mero wrote:

On topic, Personally I though the song was ok, not something I'm going to voluntarily listen to very often, but not total crap IMO. There's a reason songs like this aren't released

Off topic, Russ was a cool guy. He had his pros and cons just like any other member on the forum.  I just don't take kind to pussying out on this forum and moding another

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Listening to it more I kinda dig parts of it.

Only issue to me is I'm starved for new content and musically it's only really a new rearrangement.

But I like the dramatic start, and I love Axl's voice.

Sometimes I wonder though if they really struggle with a creative block. You know like wrote an album. Then re-recorded it. Then basically added new people again and semi-rerecorded that. Then take those thousands of parts and start remixing it. Why has the past 2 decades now just been about those songs? I really like all of CD, but mentally, it would be amazing if on a creative level the band could move to a new era and just call those tracks done.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Listening to it more I kinda dig parts of it.

Only issue to me is I'm starved for new content and musically it's only really a new rearrangement.

But I like the dramatic start, and I love Axl's voice.

I can relate here. I dig the concept of a song called "blood in the water" with it being used in the chorus or what have you. I like the idea. You can build a pretty cool song with that sound and idea. Maybe it is an actual song but this is a cut and looped and remixed and whatever the else you do version. Even if the instrumental is fan made like I have read some think those are still legit vocals.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah...totally...I love the way Axl's lyrics tend to work...I dunno if it's how he thinks or writes or what but they have a certain style to the way he analyses issues...a song about 'blood in the water' from him would be very interesting....and it seems to be a cool chorus or pre-chorus line or whatever it is.

I'd just love it to be more of a full song, not that this dance kinda thing isn't fun, but I like the way Axl's "real" songs take you on a mental journey.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm pretty sure Russ isn't here to defend himself, so back off the comments.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Thanks, exactly why I asked everyone to get back on topic. So once again everybody, blood in the water go.

monkeychow wrote:

I'd just love it to be more of a full song, not that this dance kinda thing isn't fun, but I like the way Axl's "real" songs take you on a mental journey.

Yeah, full actual songs are truly needed. And yeah definitely has a way with his words light something up in the old brain.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why don't you go and defend him over on MYGNR I think he needs you

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Really dude? That was not necessary.  I just asked two times to keep on topic.  Do I really gotta ban somebody? Dont post about anything unrelated to this topic for the last time.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

It was alright for him to run us down for a month straight over nothing

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Are you serious?  This isn't the place for your personal grudge. Just stop.  Get over it or PM him if you want. Stop derailing this thread.

Board footer