You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Who said that you were a deaf idiot ?

You did... 10

I like his playing, so according to you, I'm a deaf idiot.

I said it in general. How you will interpret it is n`t my problem. if I wanted to say " metallex is a deaf idiot just because he likes Ashba " I would type out so.

How about not saying it at all. There are rules on this board, and respect for other members is one of them, which you don't seem to get.

It is possible to NOT like a band member without shitting on people that do like them.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

You did... 10

I like his playing, so according to you, I'm a deaf idiot.

I said it in general. How you will interpret it is n`t my problem. if I wanted to say " metallex is a deaf idiot just because he likes Ashba " I would type out so.

How about not saying it at all. There are rules on this board, and respect for other members is one of them, which you don't seem to get.

It is possible to NOT like a band member without shitting on people that do like them.

Who did I shit on ? it`s not my problem that Ashba`s fanbase consists of 14 year old girls and wrist slitting emos.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The irony is that I actually think Bucket (my favourite member of GN'R) and Ashba could work well together. I mean, they both like the same sorts of things, classic grindhouse horror movies and so forth.

Now that would be an odd line-up. Ashba's oh-so-commercial sensibilities paired up with Buckethead's virtuoso genre-hopping.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

LOL, how can anyone like Better with Ashba is beyond me fucking soulless wah wankfest, terrible tone and sound but hey, if some deaf idiots like his playing so be it.

Just because some people like it doesn't make them deaf idiots. Tone down the insults. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and just because it happens to differ from yours it doesn't make them wrong.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The irony is that I actually think Bucket (my favourite member of GN'R) and Ashba could work well together. I mean, they both like the same sorts of things, classic grindhouse horror movies and so forth.

Now that would be an odd line-up. Ashba's oh-so-commercial sensibilities paired up with Buckethead's virtuoso genre-hopping.

I'll give you that, it certainly would be interesting.

I like Buckets playing, I just happen to think his wardrobe is as ridiculous as you guys are putting shit on Ashba for... 14

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

I did n`t know if Ashba had so many attornies.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

I would n`t give two shits what he wears ( though his image and outfit are goofy as shit for someone who`s a lead guitarist of classic Heavy Rock band and most of all, for a grown up man in his 40`s  ) if he could play guitar but he can`t, he`s a below average player with horrendous tone and sound. Difference between him and Brian ( Buckethead ) is, Bucket can play guitar, he`s a real character, unique player Ashba is just a phony Slash and Ace Frehley wannabe.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

All just your opinion.

He plays guitar just fine, and happens to wear his rock n roll influences on his sleeve, because *surprise*.... he's in a rock band!
Who would've thought, that having an over the top rock n roll image from being in a rock band would be considered a bad thing?

He may not be Slash or Ace level, but he's put out enough music in SixxAM that showcases some talented tasteful guitar playing, and the few times I've seen him live with GN'R, I've never seen him make any mistakes. So I don't know where this "he can't play guitar" comes from. But you're probably just saying that because you don't like him.
That's fine if you don't like him, but your opinions aren't facts.

And given Axl's wardrobe has been goofy as hell too, singling DJ out for how he dresses is just pointless.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

My 2 cents in this conversation: I enjoyed the DJ Better mix even if it kind of dragged on/chorus isn't as good as the originals. The verses sounds better than original imo but should be sped up a bit... like I said, the song drags...

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

All just your opinion.

He plays guitar just fine, and happens to wear his rock n roll influences on his sleeve, because *surprise*.... he's in a rock band!
Who would've thought, that having an over the top rock n roll image from being in a rock band would be considered a bad thing?

He may not be Slash or Ace level, but he's put out enough music in SixxAM that showcases some talented tasteful guitar playing, and the few times I've seen him live with GN'R, I've never seen him make any mistakes. So I don't know where this "he can't play guitar" comes from. But you're probably just saying that because you don't like him.
That's fine if you don't like him, but your opinions aren't facts.

And given Axl's wardrobe has been goofy as hell too, singling DJ out for how he dresses is just pointless.

I don`t single him out for his outfit, like I said above, I single him out for his lack of skills and Better with him on lead is vital eveidence of my opinion on him. He should n`t be lead guitarist in bands of high caliber such as GNR. It`s a travesty that a guitarist like Richard Fortus stands in Ashba`s shadow and is a third guitarist it`s not fair. Actually, I would love to hear GNR album with Richard on lead. P.S. this discussion sounds like beating a dead horse apparently nothing will come out of it and none of us gonna change our opinions. To each his own.

Board footer