You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

The first track off Village Gorilla Head should have been "new" Gnr....Without A View....much better song than Going Down...which sounds like it was recorded around the time of VGH (2003-2004)  except for the obligatory, obvious overdub guitar parts by Bumble.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The first track off Village Gorilla Head should have been "new" Gnr....Without A View....much better song than Going Down...which sounds like it was recorded around the time of VGH (2003-2004)  except for the obligatory, obvious overdub guitar parts by Bumble.

Without a view is my favorite tommy song, its so good and better than anything off of CD IMO

And I agree I think that going down is a bside from VGH with axl and bumble overdubs

I said on another board, I wish Axl and BBF were not on it, it would be a better song

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think anyone should look at Going Down as a single or a "Big Gun" or anything like that. It was simply a song the band put together, something a lot of us have complained about with this band, wanting the other guys to contribute and I think it sounds pretty killer. Matter of fact, I even love Bumble's solo.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think anyone should look at Going Down as a single or a "Big Gun" or anything like that. It was simply a song the band put together, something a lot of us have complained about with this band, wanting the other guys to contribute and I think it sounds pretty killer. Matter of fact, I even love Bumble's solo.

I dont think it was a song the band put together. I think it was a tommy left over song, that Axl and Bumble just put their parts over.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Aw man, I've been away a couple of weeks, then at work all day, check in and see this!  - the Aint Going Down from YouTube is cool.

Can someone PM me?

Looks like stuff is moving again, awesome!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Moving as in tracks are leaking through the dam again....

jonesy

jonesy wrote:

Thing is, Aint Going Down would be awesome to bust out live, screw all those covers, just play that and rock out!

jonesy

jonesy wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Moving as in tracks are leaking through the dam again....

I like GnR leaks, they have usually been better than the finished product.  wink

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've heard Going Down on youtube, havnt heard the rest, gonnie send me the link someone pretty please with sugar on top smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I dig Going down. Like someone said it actually sounds like an organic song. I dig the riff melody too. Got a pretty good grove. Reminds me of something called rock and roll. If it was a finished product I think Axl's vocals would add a nice touch. Like the solo at the end as well.

Board footer