You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: All sorts of Beta rumors etc over at mygnr - any thoughts?

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm still trying to find the fun that was ruined. Anyone see any fun?

I see the ruins.

Axlin12 wrote:

If anything it seems like label teasing, rather than a leak.

My guess as well.

The leaks, if orchestrated, offer the stuff you'd likely see on a re-release. A few remixes and an original B-side. What boggles me is the state of Going Down; you'd think they'd have a more... fluent version on the board. It has the makings of a good B-side, but the leak distances itself from a finished product.

Still, the press is warm. It's Tommy from Replacements doing an Izzy-like diddy with Axl in the backgroud vox. The same Axl who hasn't sung a new note in a while, not after Chinese. Curiosity factor, check. Potential likeability, check. If this band would go into the studio and record an intermediary EP to amp up CD2, I think the anticipation and reception would be a whole lot better than with CD.

Not that they'd ever do it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just reading, this could all be a hoax. It might have been a really old Beta text some asshat is pushing off as recent and faked some Ron comments. I swear, man. I don't know who's worse. Some of those guys are straight out trolls with no life. I mean, zero life. This is all they do.

And Jesus Christ, there are some guys over there who have their heads so far up their own ass... That's why I can't post on MYGNR.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I completely agree. The MyGNR thing is... umm... ok. I've tried on two other occasions to swallow that board and I just can't seem to. I actually think MyGNR is WORSE today than it was 10 years ago. Seriously.

Like all things in life that attract a superstar like Axl to it, people who had never ever even clicked on the board, suddenly get attention from those who will spend years for "the next sighting" of the red-headed one. That then in turn attracts a whole new level of nutswinger.

The fact that the board has even stayed alive with a non-existent Guns N' Roses (let's be honest), pretty much proves my point correctly. These people will whiff up any fart of Axl's and claim it's Kobe Beef with White Truffles.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You know, I really like the fact that no one here follows Beta and Fernando around ALL DAY, ALL THE TIME trying to antagonize them and instigate things. I think it says a lot for the posters here who don't take things that far.

And you're absolutley right, some MYGNR posters are making it all about them, which wouldn't shock me if someone did make all of this up. Some nobody poster whose identity is soley based on this band, Axl and that board.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You see some funny ass shit over there. Some of the trolls are comical. It gets old, but there are some times when it is fun to read the banter. It is still better than HTGTH.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thought the song was appropriate. 16 Even Lars Ulrich ("Fernando") knows it's wrong. Just imagine the leaks instead of a CD.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I agree that Beta's comments on the whole seem ridiculous. But, if she's of the opinion that leaks hurt CD, she probably doesn't want to see that happen again. So at the first hint of leakage, no matter how unimpactfull you may view it, she's going to lash out to make a point. Try to detract people from leaking other songs. If it doesn't work and more leaks follow, then she can say "I told you so!"

I wouldn't take this threat of no new album too seriously. Of course I don't think a new album is anywhere close to coming out. So what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Every time she opens her gob it's a face palm moment. I just wish she'd stfu.

Bloodflower
 Rep: 8 

Bloodflower wrote:

Must suck living life as a victim all the time. Poor me, poor us, not or fault, screw everyone else. Blah blah blah. At this point the best thing any of them could do would be to shut the fuck up and get outta sight and outta mind.  GnR should disappear and never come back until they have an album to release and promote properly. Stop with the charade that you're anything more than a tribute act at this point.

misterID

misterID wrote:

From what's been said:  Fernando had a meeting with the label; don't expect anything in 2013 but expect something big in 2014.

Board footer