You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

Gunslinger wrote:

I thought total BULLSHIT from the first time this was posted with the exception of this one part:
"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds -- an instant classic....this part was good advertising ad I could see it being legit. BUT...the fact that April 1 is only a few days away STILL worries me, this wouldn't be the first Chinese-Democracy-April-Fool's joke.  IF this WAS a joke to start out with it has gotten too big now and fiction could actually become reality.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I thought total BULLSHIT from the first time this was posted with the exception of this one part:
"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds -- an instant classic....this part was good advertising ad I could see it being legit. BUT...the fact that April 1 is only a few days away STILL worries me, this wouldn't be the first Chinese-Democracy-April-Fool's joke.  IF this WAS a joke to start out with it has gotten too big now and fiction could actually become reality.

The real question now is, if the album comes out in 2008 and Dr Pepper claims it was a joke, how many people will sue for misrepresentation through advertising?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

I know it's reaching... but could this imply that 2008 is the year?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Saikin wrote:

And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

I think that's the point. Would be very cool.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Saikin wrote:

That sentence is both good and bad. 

"Some of Buckethead's performances"= bad news

"I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him."= 2008 may be the year

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Some of BH's performances are better than none. For all we know, some of BH's performances could be on every song, I mean, there's a lot of Robin's and Tommy's performances that won't be on the album either.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Saikin wrote:

How is that bad? Seriously, do we have to go down this road again? Or, do you mean "bad" as in, he's been replaced in parts?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Some of BH's performances are better than none. For all we know, some of BH's performances could be on every song, I mean, there's a lot of Robin's and Tommy's performances that won't be on the album either.

Good point!  It's always a relief to hear that he is on the album.  I think Axl knows that it would set him back a good 9 years taking BH off.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

How is that bad? Seriously, do we have to go down this road again? Or, do you mean "bad" as in, he's been replaced in parts?

To clarify, i mean bad as in he may have been replaced in certain parts.  That would be very bad, because i can't imagine anyone else doing better than BH.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don't see why people are so obsessed with buckethead.  Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing guitar player, but he certainly doesn't have the emotion in his play that Slash and Robin bring.  I think we should wait to hear an original with Ron before we assume he can't be an equal replacement for Bucket.  Besides, on a fan level, how many fans did Bucket ever meet with, chat with or even give tickets to a show?  Ron has done all of that.

Board footer