You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Olorin wrote:

Whats that 3ds like? Was thinking of getting one to play the Zelda games, is it comfortable enough staring into such a small screen? I'm not going to end up cross eyed am I?

Well there are a couple versions of the 3DS for any consumer. If you need a bigger screen and interface on the design, I would recommend the 3DS XL. I have the default version that was on sale for $170 plus more than $30 for the game I got and a some extra money invested into a protection plan at Best Buy. You can buy covers and casings for the system to protect it and keep it clean.

Nintendo just released the 2DS which is a flat molded together version that doesn't have the 3D options on it. So I would recommend getting this when it's out or get a regular version on sale and just not use the 3D. It works great for certain games; but the games I'm getting won't really need it much. I'm picking up Mario Kart 7 and then one other game in the next several weeks. It comes in various colors and comes with a ton of features right out of the box. Online Wifi Connectivity (I've tested various websites like Facebook, twitter, and the forum itself. Works ok, I'l stick with my laptop and other computers for the time being), Download play if you have an old DS which I do, Mii games and Stress Pass to connect with friends and meet new people, and other features. You can buy and download free game demos, DLC, and other content through the interface, take digital photos,  use the built in mics, and other things. So you are getting your money's worth for the purchase. You are not going to end up cross eyed; but I wouldn't recommend playing for a huge amount of time during the day. Maybe a couple hours and it comes with a re-charger adapter to play for big sessions. Hope this helps. I am going to print out the Purple Rain font logo and put on the face of my 3DS to make it look more badass. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Aye that helps, thanks!  Thinking of getting a 3ds xl off ebay, surprised the 3ds has been out for a while now but even second hand they are holding their market value, havnt seen any great deals. Theres not a huge amount of difference buying one second or new, think I'll just buy a new console and buy 2nd hand games.

Me_Wise_Magic

I assume the price will drop again real soon. Originally it was over $200 and dropped down to $170 and in some areas you can get it for less than $140. They even do bundles for Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Mario Kart, Zelda, and other games here & there. But those are usually more of an investment. Ebay and Amazon you can get some sweet deals; but yeah I see what you mean. What console were you thinking about getting?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

3DSXL, dont care about colour or anything, as long as it works. Might actually wait till closer to Christmas, might get some good deals with folk selling their stuff to get a bit of extra money.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Been playing The Last of Us, took a while to get into it but I'm well absorbed now. I can only play for a couple of hours at a time, I find it can get pretty fuckin creepy, not to mention bloody frustrating. Saying that, I played for 5 hours on Sunday, which was suprising as I didnt think I had done much.
I've never played a game with so many cut scenes, its pretty slick and doesnt feel like its holding you up, but without all the cut scenes all the game consists of is shooting baddies or creeping up and strangling them.

I got a bit bored playing Uncharted cause all the games were was just a never ending conveyer belt of baddies to blast your way through, the games looked awesome though, had great music and had great characters, but the actual gameplay was limited.
The Last of Us follows the same gameplay, it just doesnt seem so repetitive cause there is so many regular cut scenes,  a strong story and again, great characters.

These infected creatures are fuckin horrible though, the noises they make creeps me right out 16

Me_Wise_Magic

Olorin wrote:

3DSXL, dont care about colour or anything, as long as it works. Might actually wait till closer to Christmas, might get some good deals with folk selling their stuff to get a bit of extra money.

Good idea. I'm picking up Mario Kart 7 and maybe one other game for my 3DS sometime this week. Going to start up the Mass Effect trilogy with the first one this week or next week when I get alot of free time.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Completed The Last of Us, damn that was a good game, what a gripping story.

Me_Wise_Magic

Beat Walking Dead 400 Days DLC recently when me and my bro hung out. It's really engaging despite each part being a short story involving a new character and it lasting no more than a hour or so. It's five bucks..totally worth it. Bring on Season 2..dammit. I want them to take their time though and make the game play and story just as good if not better.

Also been playing more Animal Crossing. Trying to keep my town of 5150 in order and getting some DLC characters/skins for Injustice and a Poker Night 2 game on Xbox. I was so close getting that Necranomacon item when playing some of those last hands against a cartoon character. Keep getting 2nd place in those campaign tournaments.

Me_Wise_Magic

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL...OH MY GOD!!!!! 11 It's sad that KH3 has had two trailers in the span of three months of being officially announced and in development. While HL3 hasn't. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Still curious to see what happens with Batman: Arkham Origins. Won't be getting it for a couple months (just because i'm invested in GTAV right now), but i'd still be curious to see what happens. The cast and developer are gone. Plus it's a prequel. Still looks ace though.

Board footer