You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Jared Leto Says MTV Has Turned Its Back on Rock, Taylor Hawkins Says ‘

RaZor wrote:

Thirty Seconds To Mars recently won a 2013 MTV Video Music Award for ‘Best Rock Video’ for their song ‘Up in the Air’ but unfortunately fans only tuning in to the actual broadcast of the ceremony would never have known because the band’s acceptance of the coveted moonman trophy only aired on the pre-show.

While appreciative of the award, 30STM frontman Jared Leto took issue with MTV’s lack of coverage of rock during the actual MTV VMAs.
“Rock n’ roll music deserves a place there,” Leto told the Huffington Post. “I don’t think people will be bored by it.” He continued, saying, “We live in a world right now that seems to want to be anesthetized, that seems to want to just feel one thing, it’s this slight sedation.” Leto also encouraged rock fans to voice their disappointment to MTV, stating that he already had.

While it’s hard to argue that MTV has turned their back on the rock genre, another musician is stepping up offering up his advice. TMZ caught up with Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins at the airport where he shared a completely different take on the idea of MTV not appreciating the genre. “I make my living playing rock ‘n’ roll, I’m not going to complain about it,” Hawkins said. Then, throwing a dig at MTV, Hawkins added, “Who cares, those awards are nice but they don’t f—ing mean s–t, it doesn’t matter.” Now that’s rock ‘n’ roll!

http://loudwire.com/jared-leto-mtv-turn … who-cares/

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Pardon my french; but FUCK YOU MTV!!! YOU BUNCH OF SELL OUTS!!! Yeah..I was infuriated when they skipped the rock category to watch a washed up brat have a mental breakdown and in need of attention. They took out the Daft Punk performance and just had them watch, present a teaser for a video and an award when they don't even talk. They let their music do that instead. I was pissed because it was the only part of the VMAs I gave a shit about and when I found out that didn't happen. ugh. Taylor is absolutely right though. True rock n' rollers don't need a fucking trophy to know they have a good album or doing right by their fans. The new Foo record is going to kick ass even more than the last one which was killer and they'll show them how it's really done. Alot of bands in their early days proved they didn't need MTV's support to sell albums or tours. Van Halen didn't do videos when they returned with Sammy. They toured their asses off and won their fanbase and got that #1 spot in '86. It's becoming more and more about pop and while there is still some great pop music out there that can be hard to find. The awards are given to mostly crap that doesn't go out of the box or explore new ground. ROCK N' ROLL SHOULD STILL MATTER!!

Sorry I am normally not like this; but Rock doesn't need this treatment. We have the internet and fans that spread the word on good music. MTV is nothing now. 9

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

^^hell yeah dude, fuck MTV.

MTV seriously doesn't matter anymore, not since they stopped playing music videos, so who gives a fuck.

Me_Wise_Magic

RaZor wrote:

^^hell yeah dude, fuck MTV.

MTV seriously doesn't matter anymore, not since they stopped playing music videos, so who gives a fuck.

Yep this is the reality of it all! 5

Bloodflower
 Rep: 8 

Bloodflower wrote:

MTV is nothing but a cesspool for shitty reality tv shows and bullshit programing. The closer an "artist" is to a shitty reality show stars like Jersey Shore jackoffs the more MTV will acknowledge them. It's a prime example of the deterioration of society.  Fuck MTV. The sad thing is everyone knows it and nobody does anything about it.

Me_Wise_Magic

Bloodflower wrote:

MTV is nothing but a cesspool for shitty reality tv shows and bullshit programing. The closer an "artist" is to a shitty reality show stars like Jersey Shore jackoffs the more MTV will acknowledge them. It's a prime example of the deterioration of society.  Fuck MTV. The sad thing is everyone knows it and nobody does anything about it.

That's what I like to hear. It's the sad but absolute truth.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:

Thirded

At this point, who the fuck would want to be a rock artist on MTV? I remember back in the early-to-mid 2000's when I was wrapping up with high school, and their "hard rock" category was made up with fag-rock outfits like My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy, and these kinds winning these awards and everybody "freaking out" over it like it's a really big deal.

MTV took a TON of shit then over labeling those outfits and pushing them down the masses throats. I'm kind of glad they've moved on from rock. The rock in MTV ended gradually over that 1992-1997 period where rap took over, glam rock that built MTV died, Guns N' Roses went on perminate hiatus, grunge was born, peaked and dead, and by 1997 Creed was "the band", and Axl didn't give a fuck, Kurt was dead, Layne wanted to be, Soundgarden & AIC was over, Pearl Jam didn't give a fuck, and ? So... by 2000 there was a hint of a new era with nu-metal, but Linkin Park and stuff like that was so commercial, that it died as quick as it was born.

Here we are...

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:

Thirded

At this point, who the fuck would want to be a rock artist on MTV? I remember back in the early-to-mid 2000's when I was wrapping up with high school, and their "hard rock" category was made up with fag-rock outfits like My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy, and these kinds winning these awards and everybody "freaking out" over it like it's a really big deal.

MTV took a TON of shit then over labeling those outfits and pushing them down the masses throats. I'm kind of glad they've moved on from rock. The rock in MTV ended gradually over that 1992-1997 period where rap took over, glam rock that built MTV died, Guns N' Roses went on perminate hiatus, grunge was born, peaked and dead, and by 1997 Creed was "the band", and Axl didn't give a fuck, Kurt was dead, Layne wanted to be, Soundgarden & AIC was over, Pearl Jam didn't give a fuck, and ? So... by 2000 there was a hint of a new era with nu-metal, but Linkin Park and stuff like that was so commercial, that it died as quick as it was born.

Here we are...

I was fortunate enough to be in high school when NuMetal was the thing. It was a short but magical time full of hot girls that were into metal. I got to see Rage Against the Machine play Live on TRL, took a hot date to the Warped Tour, and went out with a chick that was a background dancer for a Limp Bizkit video. Rock n' Roll.  \m/ \m/

Me_Wise_Magic

Nice dude! That's bad ass! 9

Board footer