You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Is there a sysadmin setting that expires cookies or something?

smoke wrote:

I ask because I don't stay logged in for very long before I have to reverify my login. I know others were having this problem awhile back, but it never affected me til more recently. I first noticed it start happening when I got a new laptop, but now it seems to happen wherever I log in from.

I'm using Chrome Version 29.0.1547.66 m, but their versions change so frequently now that I'm sure it's not just this version I've seen the issue on. It also happens on my phone, which is a stock Android browser, so it's not just Chrome.

It's not a big deal, because with the browser remembering input fields, it just amounts to me clicking "Log In" again, but I was just wondering.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Are you logging in through the sidebar or directly through the Login page? The Login page has a tickbox to "automatically stay logged in" which I think might sort this for you smile If not I can have a poke around in the settings to double-check, and I should probably add that tickbox option to the sidebar login box too

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks Will!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Forgot all about this. I've now added the tickbox to "Log me in automatically whenever I visit" to the sidebar login box (if you don't see it try pressing Ctrl+F5 to force your page to fully refresh). This should fix the issue of people not staying logged in for very long.

Board footer