You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Hey guys...

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It's kind of crazy that it still exists. Especially considering the whole issue surrounding about 2008. What do you think?

By 2008 are you saying the RosesofVelvet thing?   Just wondering.  Yeah, I always thought more of an open ended topic might be cool.   One thing I always really wondered was who Darknemus [sp?] was over at HTGTH??   I remember he was a bit incosistant with his news & updates now & then, but on the other hand he did have the presale links.  So he had to be tied into the music industry somehow.  Did any word ever leak about that over there, as to what he did?

Yea....I think so....I remember the original site up and dying one day....can't recall the details

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It's kind of crazy that it still exists. Especially considering the whole issue surrounding about 2008. What do you think?

By 2008 are you saying the RosesofVelvet thing?   Just wondering.  Yeah, I always thought more of an open ended topic might be cool.   One thing I always really wondered was who Darknemus [sp?] was over at HTGTH??   I remember he was a bit incosistant with his news & updates now & then, but on the other hand he did have the presale links.  So he had to be tied into the music industry somehow.  Did any word ever leak about that over there, as to what he did?

Check out https://myspace.com/darknemus

Darknemus, otherwise known as Craig, was a network engineer from Florida who pretended to be Axl many years ago. I believe he started out hoaxing GN'R fans for a little while. Then when he got bored of that, he carried on posting normally, but was known sometimes to involve himself with potential leaks and general troublemaking on occasion. It was all harmless fun

He was not part of the Hammerstein presale though

AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea....I think so....I remember the original site up and dying one day....can't recall the details

The site was originally around in 2006, 2007 is when the site moved hosts several times. I say site, because since Brody was admin almost everyone that posted on ROV are the semi-regulars here despite the usernames. In 2007 there was a big to do and Brody took the site offline without warning (I think) for a few months, so Lofton/DTJ/Neemo ect started another forum that lasted very briefly, then another where I think downliner helped out, then eventually they moved to chopaway downliner's Izzy site.

There was technically still GNRunleased which also closed down in 2006 which was basically ROV posters too minus (Warchild's multiple accounts and I think Efish as a moderator).

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Darknemus, otherwise known as Craig, was a network engineer from Florida who pretended to be Axl many years ago. I believe he started out hoaxing GN'R fans for a little while. Then when he got bored of that, he carried on posting normally, but was known sometimes to involve himself with potential leaks and general troublemaking on occasion. It was all harmless fun

OK, you're right. I just checked and it was Mysteron, not Darknemus.  Maybe I'm mixing up the two, so many years ago!   Did anything ever come out who he was?  I thought one of these guys also leaked like the first 3 of the songs.  Rumor was they had access to it.  Maybe I'm wrong on my details tho.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

OK, you're right. I just checked and it was Mysteron, not Darknemus.  Maybe I'm mixing up the two, so many years ago!   Did anything ever come out who he was?  I thought one of these guys also leaked like the first 3 of the songs.  Rumor was they had access to it.  Maybe I'm wrong on my details tho.

Mysteron worked with, rather than for, Sanctuary in the 80s, and helped Merck and the forums during the Merck era until that ended. Not alot more to add there really.

As for leaking songs, I do not know who you speak of. It was decidedly easy during the 90s to pick up GN'R out takes at some studios if you had half a brain and you lived in LA and other areas where Guns recorded. It was a case of being there though.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

He passed on the story of spending New Years Eve with Axl's then-girlfriend. dark could've also been Latigo Hammers, Axl's online impersonator, which is probably the story you're referring to. A storyteller like MSL, but perhaps a bit less show-off. I chuckled at his recollection of hiding underneath a radio station table to hear a recording of IRS 16

sp1at wrote:

He was involved in creating and promising to distribute the fan-made DVD of the Hammerstein shows. There were many preorders, but his delivery wasn't all on time.

Board footer