You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Howard Stern Birthday Bash Performances

faldor wrote:

Dave Grohl - Everlong

Dave Grohl - My Hero

John Mayer - Like a Rolling Stone

Adam Levine/Pat Monahan - Purple Rain
Never knew Adam could play the guitar like that

faldor

faldor wrote:

Jewel singing a song Howard wrote when he was 12 years old.  Shows how talented she is, makes it sound like a halfway decent song

Jon Bon Jovi/Pat Monahan (Train was the house band for the evening) - Wanted Dead Or Alive

John Fogerty - Bad Moon Rising/Fortunate Son

faldor

faldor wrote:

And to close it out, Steven Tyler, Slash, Dave Grohl, etc.

Dream On

Walk This Way

A few notes.  Steven can still sing like a madman.  And he pretty much orchestrated this ensemble at the end.  Baba Booey mentioned how Slash wasn't going to attend the show at first, even though he really wanted to, because he was on the other side of the world at the time.  But Steven called him and convinced him to perform with him and got Dave Grohl onboard as well.

Also, Howard mentioned how Slash gave him a signed guitar at the end of the night and he was obviously very appreciative of that.

Overall, a great night of performances.  Rob Zombie also performed the usual intro to the Stern Show, "American Nightmare".  Train performed a few songs.  Unfortunately Pat was way off key for most of their Zeppelin cover.  He usually nails Led Zep.  And The Black Keys as well

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, makes you wonder about Adam Levine's talents from seeing that, when instead he gives us shit songs like Moves Like Jagger
Sounds like he has some pretty soulful guitar playing chops

And someone please get Steven Tyler, Slash and Dave Grohl into a studio together ASAP!!!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, makes you wonder about Adam Levine's talents from seeing that, when instead he gives us shit songs like Moves Like Jagger
Sounds like he has some pretty soulful guitar playing chops

And someone please get Steven Tyler, Slash and Dave Grohl into a studio together ASAP!!!

Yes to the second one! I mean it's happened with the two of the three guys so far. wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash playing Joe's part on this... I didn't even notice Joe missing. I know who gets that job when they're in their 80s.

Board footer