You are not logged in. Please register or login.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

Re: Slash on Sky News talks about possible reunion

starsko wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

What does Slash say? I'm at work so I can't watch right now.

TheMole

TheMole wrote:

Basically something like this:

Q: What would it take for GNR to get back together again?
A: (laughinh) A twist of faith.

Q: Not money then?
A: If it was for the money, it would've been years ago.
It's just that, erh, I used to be really bitter about the whole thing and I was adamant that there was no possible way that it could ever happen. And in light of the trend right now (of everbody getting back together for the cash, e.g. Led Zeppelin), that certainly wouldn't be a driver for us. I think it would be something where everybody all of the sudden, maybe a couple of the guys decided "let's do this!", and it turned out to be an idea where everybody was in to. It's a possibility, but there would be so many little things, no, big things that would have to change before this would even be possible, and I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future, so you know...

Q: Does it raise your eyebrowse when someone like the police, who ended up hating each other, suddenly get back together again?
A: No, I didn't even know about their inner turmoil, and it wasn't really a big deal for me when they got back together again anyway. But I've got enough problems of my own, so I don't really pay attention to the trouble other bands may have.

Obviously, Led Zeppelin getting back together was something cool. That's a gig that I would've love to have been able to see. You know, some people do it for the right reasons, some do it for the money, the main reason to do Guns would be for the fans, the fans that missed out on that whole thing. That would be the main priority as far as I'm concerned.

It's paraphrased, but it catches the drift...

*edit* clarified that Slash means "big things", not "little things"...

A Private Eye

Thanks.

Slash's responses about this seem pretty consistent, he'd do it provided the terms were right and he just doesn't see those terms being met anytime soon.

Von

Von wrote:

If you watch the video, he sounds sort of tellingly optimistic about the whole thing. It's the most forward I've ever heard him in so much as saying basically "Yeah, why not? I'd do it." This after the fall of VR?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

russtcb wrote:

I'll never understand why everyone seems to think it's all up to Slash. Wouldn't Axl want or need to do a reunion as well?

It's not that people think it's up to Slash.  It's that Axl is unreachable and neither Izzy or Duff garner the attention that Axl or Slash do.

Board footer