You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, this is getting silly, but Mikka pretty much said what I was thinking too though - I too think Axl is the weak link in a reunion.

Slash ain't the sloppy drunk he was back in the day, his live playing is the best it's ever been
Duff has his shit together, Izzy is Izzy, and Steven seems to play well enough outside of his drug issues, but they could always get Matt, who is no slouch either.

But Axl goes from bad, to average, to great, to not so great, in one night, sometimes within the one song.
Am I supposed to turn a blind eye to that, and just give Axl a break because it might upset someone else who has rose coloured glasses on?

To say that Axl doesn't need practice should a reunion arise, is just silly.
The guy has had some good nights at the end of this Vegas run, I'll give him that, but I agree with Mikka, he needs to practice more.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i couldn't give a shit one way or the other about what opinions you or anyone else has about axl, all i'm saying is it's boring as shit & stupid when you say the same thing over & over again.

you're the one who started the shit.
your initial comment was originally intended to flame & provocate this place & lomax responded, which was obv your intention.

then you took it to another level, showing your stupidity & ignorance.

sorry if you think i was attacking you. i thought i was merely pointing out the obvious - that you're stupid, repetitive & boring. anyone who calls someone else a faggot is obviously p stupid & ignorant. you're boring & trolling w/the same line about axl being the weak link in a reunion lineup. so, what's your problem w/my post exactly??
what is it you want me to do? log in & lol @ faldor or axlins wetdreams about axl? meh, they're welcome to it. you however were just being a dickhead.

personally i've next to zero interest in axl's performances/gnr/a reunion. when i see stupid people saying stupid things, yea, i feel the urge to enter the convo. that's all.

Well, my post was fuckin' ONTOPIC. His and yours were absolutely OFFTOPIC, yet you're talking like you'd be Mr. Ubermensch. Get off your high horse. I happen to find the "stupid" badge at least as insulting as the "fag" or your fresh new "dickhead". Especially when I am right. You're right, that I was right for the zillionth time considering this topic. Yeah, it's painfully obvious therefore often stated that Axl doesn't sing well anymore. I give him the benefit of doubt and say he hasn't lost it completely, he's just too lazy, unrehearsed and he has no motivation to do better (=average, acceptable). I'm really sorry that I posted my opinion. You might have forgotten again (or more likely: you've never ever understood it) that it's a forum. I didn't want to piss off others (I could have started flame wars many times in the past few weeks, but I decided not to comment sooo many times), I just gave my 2 cents regarding the reunion. It's maybe the third or forth time I stated my opinion on Axl's current performance level. In the past 15 years of my online GN'Rism I made a few hundred posts about this or that aspect of the reunion. Just like everybody else. It's utterly ridiculous, that you're attacking _only me_ for this and further proves that my opinion bothers you. Learn more about plurality.

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i couldn't give a shit one way or the other about what opinions you or anyone else has about axl, all i'm saying is it's boring as shit & stupid when you say the same thing over & over again.

you're the one who started the shit.
your initial comment was originally intended to flame & provocate this place & lomax responded, which was obv your intention.

then you took it to another level, showing your stupidity & ignorance.

sorry if you think i was attacking you. i thought i was merely pointing out the obvious - that you're stupid, repetitive & boring. anyone who calls someone else a faggot is obviously p stupid & ignorant. you're boring & trolling w/the same line about axl being the weak link in a reunion lineup. so, what's your problem w/my post exactly??
what is it you want me to do? log in & lol @ faldor or axlins wetdreams about axl? meh, they're welcome to it. you however were just being a dickhead.

personally i've next to zero interest in axl's performances/gnr/a reunion. when i see stupid people saying stupid things, yea, i feel the urge to enter the convo. that's all.

Well, my post was fuckin' ONTOPIC. His and yours were absolutely OFFTOPIC, yet you're talking like you'd be Mr. Ubermensch. Get off your high horse. I happen to find the "stupid" badge at least as insulting as the "fag" or your fresh new "dickhead". Especially when I am right. You're right, that I was right for the zillionth time considering this topic. Yeah, it's painfully obvious therefore often stated that Axl doesn't sing well anymore. I give him the benefit of doubt and say he hasn't lost it completely, he's just too lazy, unrehearsed and he has no motivation to do better (=average, acceptable). I'm really sorry that I posted my opinion. You might have forgotten again (or more likely: you've never ever understood it) that it's a forum. I didn't want to piss off others (I could have started flame wars many times in the past few weeks, but I decided not to comment sooo many times), I just gave my 2 cents regarding the reunion. It's maybe the third or forth time I stated my opinion on Axl's current performance level. In the past 15 years of my online GN'Rism I made a few hundred posts about this or that aspect of the reunion. Just like everybody else. It's utterly ridiculous, that you're attacking _only me_ for this and further proves that my opinion bothers you. Learn more about plurality.

What an asshole.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Lomax wrote:

What an asshole.

Yeah, this is clearly a useful addition to the discussion...

How anyone can say that Axl can't (or shouldn't) practise to improve his singing is beyond me, but . Yes, he seems to be trying and he is showing some progress and deserves credit for thqt. But man, he's not even half where he needs to be to be anything but a shadow of his former self. They're not insulting your girlfriend or your mother, no need to get testie about it. If you disagree, fine, but don't act like a jerk and start insulting people 'cause of their opinions... that's what an asshole would do...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'm with TheMole on this one guys, no need to turn the thread into your personal quarrel. You guys can PM that stuff to each other all day for all I care, and that's your business. But please, guys, keep it out of the conversation, because it's tiresome for the rest of us.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

We have all been here long enough to know not to throw around insults. So just cool down please. No need for drama.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree..  It has been the same posters here for years. No need to fight, that said Metal and Mikka are right. Axl is the one that has to work the hardest to do a reunion tour.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, to be fair, it's true Axl needs to work/practice the least because a reunion ain't happening. wink

The continuing reunion topics are only going to instigate arguments. Too many strong feelings. And these reunion topics seem to come out of nowhere to just keep the topic going, not from any substantial news or rumors or anything...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay lets talk about the new music instead.............................,............................okay, back to reunion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I also find it comical how Axl has a run of fantastic shows and the usual suspects still refuse to give him his due. He still needs work. He should sing like that all the time. He still can't sing. He's the worst of the originals. Slash is better. He'll never release new music. What a joke the DVD release is.

A run of fantastic shows...? 14

He finally gets his shit together the last couple of shows of the Vegas run, mixes up the set, and sings pretty well, but for the majority of it, he's sounded pretty bad, and the setlist has been the same old same old.
What exactly am I supposed to be giving him his due on....?

Fuck man, if Axl came out sounding like shit, but mixed up the setlist right from the get go, or even debuted a new song, I'd give him some due, but it's far too little, too fucking late as far as I'm concerned.

You guys seem to forget, this is AXL FUCKING ROSE, Golden God winner, a legend. The man that took the name because he had the grand plan.
I won't settle for a nostalgia run along the lines of what Motley Crue seem to do these days, from Guns N' Roses. And you wonder why I don't give him his due?

Man, some of you set the bar way fucking low from what Axl Rose could be doing.

Were the Vegas shows not good in your opinion? All the clips I saw, granted not a whole bunch, sounded pretty solid to me. It just seems like an odd time to come out and say how much he has slipped and can't sing anymore, when he's arguably sounded as good as he has in years. My bar has been lowered, yes. It's not 1987 anymore. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be. Reunion or not, things are never going to be the way they were. You can blame that all on Axl if it makes you feel better. I choose to keep my expectations in check. Sorry if that doesn't jive with your ideals.

I will agree that Axl would do himself some good if he took better care of his body. God bless him, he's aging and he's obviously free to do whatever he wants. And I'm not saying he's a complete mess, but he's obviously not in tip top shape. That alone would probably help his voice over the long haul. Honestly he sounded so much better these last few shows. I can only imagine his improved conditioning had something to do with it.

As for Axl not rehearsing with the band. Look I know he's not big on that, but don't you think they'd have to have rehearsed Yesterdays, Prostitute, or that Angels song to pull them off without a hitch?

Board footer