You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Superman Thread.

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Speaking of Superman not related to the BvS movie at the moment, the documentary that I'm highly anticipating (Mentioned it months ago on the forum!), "The Death of Superman Lives What Happened?" by Jon Schnepp that's about the movie that was supposed to feature Nic Cage as the Man of Steel with Braniac, monsters, and a strange new interpretation in the late 90s is in post production and they are doing some finishing funds. They got Tim Burton for a big interview in the doc as well as more footage, concept art, and other details from the canceled movie project. Here is the 2nd full trailer for those who want to see more. (For ADMINS (Will, BLS, etc.) I was wondering if we could change the title of this thread to a regular Superman thread or overall comic book project one. Since there are so many loose Marvel, Batman, and other character related threads on here already. Just an idea!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4I5He3 … F-G_hMywUg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/2 … 1397787015

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag … b7N2d6p3-w

I can't wait for this to finally be finished and released. Trailer looked good. Glad he is getting all the info he can. Would be sweet if he had gotten Nic Cage too.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thanks dude for the thread change! Appreciate it! Karma for ya! Back to the subject, Same here! I'm so excited to see the finished product. I was promoting it a good amount on Facebook and Twitter. The director is a nice guy and a fan of the material. He co-produced the cartoon, Brendon Small's Metacacolypse ("Dethklok") and other projects. A couple of costume reveals and a tiny bit of test footage and photos have been released and leaked over the internet for the past couple of years now; but with this release will get more than that and more official sources with the content. I backed it to get a digital download of the film and a couple other things as well as my name in part of the end credits. As for Cage himself, who knows..! Jon might of already gotten an interview with him booked, already recorded or something and probably won't release it in order to not spoil too much of the documentary. The man himself said that he found the concept of the documentary fascinating and that he loves the character and looks on the development of the film fondly. The big reason I believe he released the Burton interview to backers and the general public was to get more attention from potential sponsors and media sites willing to do press or articles on the doc itself with leads to additonal profits and covering production costs. smile

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

No prob dude.

How much more does he need?  I was under the impression it would be out this summer?

Me_Wise_Magic

For the finishing funds, well it is about 95% done. You can still chip in a little or get one of the perks that are similar to the original Kickstarter one with the purchase. I donated about $25 or 30 to the original closed Kickstarter and a few months ago donated an extra $25 for credits and other things. The rest of the promo that I shared on social networks was just for the hell of it because I'm excited about the future release. Well it was originally supposed to be out this summer; but due to getting more people that worked on the movie interviewed, traveling costs to meet Burton, and additional production to add better background music, transitions, and extra footage for the fans. It will probably be out later in the fall or the winter of early next year. I keep hearing winter of 2015 from Jon or maybe earlier if the post production is going to be alot faster; so the movie files being distributed won't take too long after all. Not sure. Yeah the delay kind of sucks; but if it makes the movie longer and better than that's fine by me in the long run.

http://www.fanbacked.com/c/death-superm … ing-funds/

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Even Superman takes the ice bucket challenge.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:

Even Superman takes the ice bucket challenge.

That was funny! Took it like a champ. The Man of Steel himself! Love the updates to the suit and the hair is more styled like Supes this time. I guess we'll be seeing a little more experienced Superman in this movie and that the movie may take place right the end of MoS or a few months/years later too.

Me_Wise_Magic

Update on Superman Lives Doc:

Director Jon Schnepp is shooting for a late March, early April 2015 release date. Only a few days left for the recreation scenes stretch of the final finishing funds. The recreation scenes involve taking the concept art and planned shooting or CG animation sequences that were supposedly to be created for the actual movie and make them up as close to Burton's and production team's vision as possible. Jon would use some live action, cartoon hand drawn animation, maybe 3D CG modeling techniques, or even stop motion for a few picked scenes. Right now he wants to do them; but only has the money to do one or maybe two for the documentary.

Me_Wise_Magic

The Death Of Superman Lives: What Happened? Documentary will finally be released on May 1st theatrically. Same day as the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron. Kickstarter backers and additional funders will probably get it in July or sometime around the upcoming release. A DVD/Blu-Ray release will happen later down the road for the general public.

As for BvS, it has been reported that the first trailer for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice will be released during showings of Mad Max: Fury Road around May 16th I believe. The credits for the movie have been released on their official website on the "credits" tab at the very bottom of the web page. Also this:

Aquaman-Jason-Momoa-1.png

http://www.batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.com/

Update: Trailer got leaked a few days ago. So here is the official first teaser. Movie comes out March 25th, 2016. Still about a year away. I'm impressed thus far.

Me_Wise_Magic

The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? Documentary by Jon Schnepp was released today for digital download, Blu-Ray, and DVD on the official website. I kick-started it and got it a couple hours before launch. I was allowed to watch the official stream on the site early this morning and I'll share my thoughts on the final product.

It's a really good documentary overall. It captures what was supposed to be made, Cage isn't in it; but almost everyone that was involved talks about their experiences working on the project, and pretty hilarious yet engaging. All the different concept art, the costume tests, and even Schnepp recreating certain scenes or adding motion to elements that were going to be made add more to the mystery. It clears a ton of speculation and weird rumors. The doc itself has a few problems in the final cut in terms of edits or pace; but it doesn't disappoint. Even if you aren't a comic fan you could enjoy yourself with this film. It's not too long either. Cage and Burton would of pulled it off if things got in order and Warner Bros. were willing to risk it all. I highly recommend buying it and checking it out.

http://www.tdoslwh.com/

supermanlives.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really wished it would have happened. Even if it were terrible.

Board footer