You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Last book you read...

Axlin16 wrote:

He is... it's called DJ Ashba

And yes, i'm serious.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

The Band of Brothers is pretty damn good. Dick Winters died recently. What a hero.

I finished up Nikki Sixx new book last night. U don't have to worry, there's very little Kat Von D in it. Some pictures, and a story. That's abou it.

What I'm not sure of with Nikki; is he just extremely self-centered or does it just come out like that when he want to write a book? He says it's about ugly stuff that is indeed pretty, which is noble and interesting. I kind of like his pictures as well, espeically one set in there which was absolutely amazing.

But one thing you can't take away from Nikki. He is always just a little step in front of everyone else as a musician/artist. He doesn't stop with making music, he mixes, blends and creates books to go with it. I admire him for it. Could have used one like him in GNR.

nah if you read the dirt and heroin diaries you know he was quite controlling of the music creation...though from DJ's talk of the song writing process of saints of los angeles and the sixx am albums...maybe he has chilled in his older years ... i doubt that would've flown with the others in GnR....so i guess that if i'm a fan of the crue, and sixx am and the dirt and heroin diaries its worth it?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I thought it was. I read it within a day. Didn't put it down. Just found it very interesting and very very easy to read. The dude is no Shakespeare, which I find relaxing.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Recently, let's see...
The Hunger Games Trilogy - Loved them all, but especially Catching Fire.

Deadlocked: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel - Can't stay away from it. The stories are getting a little far-fetched, but that's what they are: stories.

The Help - It was fantastic. I can't remember if I wrote about that here before or not and am currently too lazy to check.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - I downloaded it, read a few pages, and can't get any further. If I get desperate for something to read, I'll go back to it.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - I really did try to read this book, I promise. I keep being told that if I get further into it, I won't be able to put it down and then I'll be hooked for the entirety of the trilogy. This is another one I'll go back to if I'm desperate or somehow find myself with an entire day to read and not do anything else.

Last, but not least, I'd like to leave you all with this gem:

DCK

DCK wrote:

Here's one book you should buy quickly and read;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Spitfire … 867&sr=8-1

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
DCK wrote:

Here's one book you should buy quickly and read;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Spitfire … 867&sr=8-1

What is it about?

DCK

DCK wrote:

History, biography, world war two. One mans participation in the war in the European skies.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Read, and am re-reading The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle. Personally I highly recommend it if you're looking for a bit of a life changing outlook/view on life, and all life/the universe. 

http://www.amazon.com/The-Power-Now-Spi … 1577314808

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Stephen King DR Sleep and MR Mercedes. Both excellent

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've been on a graphic novel kick

Finished big damn sin city today