You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Suicide Squad/Justice League Films

AtariLegend wrote:

New trailers.

Thought these deserved their own thread since these aren't really Batman or Superman films. Suicide Squad comes out in August next year a few months after Batman vs. Superman.

The 2 films after they fight each other and make friends come out in 2017/2019.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Already said my thoughts on BvS; but Suicide Squad looks pretty great so far. Especially since they are still shooting the film and this was the footage that was already tweaked in the editing bay. It gives a good representation of the tone and what to expect. Harley was the highlight and it's straight out of the comics and video games with her. Hope I see a little Animated Series vibes with her down the road. Will Smith seems to be having fun. I'm okay with Leto's Joker look even though the tattoos are way on the nose; but that end scene and the voice are persuading me. Apparently the director, David Ayer had to get a therapist on set for the actors; so things didn't go too crazy. Warner Bros. really doesn't want another Ledger situation to happen. Jared Leto was sending cast mates and crew dead animals as gifts.

Yeah..the same guy who re-wrote the BvS script, Chris Terrio (the guy who worked with Affleck on the Town and Argo) recently turned in his Justice League movie script.

AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt the Leto "dead animal" thing really happened.

Really curious how much Batman there will be in Suicide Squad and who or what the villains will be united to deal with. Wonder how far this will blur the 12A/PG-13 lines, makes it look like they're going all out there.

Going by Deadshot "Will Smith" in the trailer, don't see the group getting along that well together. Interesting that he'd take a role in such a big film where he isn't "the guy".

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt the Leto "dead animal" thing really happened.

Really curious how much Batman there will be in Suicide Squad and who or what the villains will be united to deal with. Wonder how far this will blur the 12A/PG-13 lines, makes it look like they're going all out there.

Going by Deadshot "Will Smith" in the trailer, don't see the group getting along that well together. Interesting that he'd take a role in such a big film where he isn't "the guy".

From what I heard, they beefed up Deadshot's role for the movie. So Will is cool with being part of a team. Even though Rick Flag is technically the leader of the Suicide Squad. Besides of course Amanda Waller pulling the strings. Everyone that's involved is doing it for their own reasons. I think Deadshot and Harley are the only ones that probably like each other. Batman as far I know and some of the press, he has a very small role. Mainly cleaning up some of the mess caused by the team and of course Joker. I think Lex Luthor is in the movie too as being involved with the movie's big threat besides the Joker. It's going to be a heavy PG-13. They could get away with a ton of violence, sex, and dark imagery as long as they don't show gore or too much language. That's the magic of editing. Plus...they need this movie to sell tickets even with the crew they have making it.

AtariLegend wrote:

The downside of the Batman vs. Superman trailer is it looks like they're going to include a flashback to Bruce's parents getting murdered. Is there anyone who doesn't know the origin story already? Not again sad.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What about a movie based of the comics where DC and Marvel had the Avengers and Justice League team up and fight in each others universe??

Me_Wise_Magic

Smoking Guns wrote:

What about a movie based of the comics where DC and Marvel had the Avengers and Justice League team up and fight in each others universe??

Anything is possible. If the studios agree, It could happen one day. Probably when super hero movies aren't making enough money as they are now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The downside of the Batman vs. Superman trailer is it looks like they're going to include a flashback to Bruce's parents getting murdered. Is there anyone who doesn't know the origin story already? Not again sad.

It depends on how they play it, it might be original and ties into the plot, much like Burton's Batman had Joker killing his parents.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not blown away by either of them. Including Leto.

I'll have to wait until they come out to reserve judgment.

AtariLegend wrote:

Board footer