You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: DJ has left GNR

Von wrote:

I think Axl needs to distance himself and the GN'R brand from ChiDem if he intends on moving forward with -any- incarnation of the band. Revisiting that material even via a stop-gap remix EP, let alone as a "bonus" bundled with new(er) material, is Uzi suicidal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl is done brah. Done done. I'm still in complete shock that Universal even still has ANYTHING to do with the GN'R brand, and i'm sure Axl would love to leave Uni and take the name with him. I don't get why they're even in business together. Uni are still holding out for the reunion and being associated with GN'R which is never going to happen. Axl will bury it first.

Any chance of NEW material with the ACTUAL band, is gone. There's a reason BOTH DJ & Ron walked out the door. I highly doubt Axl is re-staffing Guns in the studio with Richard on lead, Tommy on rhythm guitar, Duff on bass, and trimming back the band to the old Guns style, but with Axl, Richard, Tommy, Duff, Frank & Dizzy, and running out a tribute band to the old Guns.

Axl has made it very very clear, as well as every single band member associated with Guns, including Chris, that GN'R aren't doing anything fresh, and Axl has no plans of it -- ever. All the material that's in the vault, and will be on any future new album, is vault tracks. Guess what that means? They're Robin, Bucket & Brain tracks held over from when they were actually recording material a decade ago.

The only thing Axl has up his sleeve are these Chinese leftovers. That's it. And the interest is absolutely nil. The only thing I could see turning any kind of profit is a dump, and charging a higher price for it.

I have heard absolutely nothing from Axl, other than Better, that can be realistically used to sell that album. PLUS, couple in the fact NO ONE BUYS ALBUMS ANYMORE. It's all about touring.

Axl's fucked, REALLY fucked. If we get anything, it'll be leftovers.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh and just to elaborate my previous post, the more I think about it...

Lead Vocals: Axl Rose
Lead Guitar: Richard Fortus
Rhythm Guitar: Tommy Stinson
Bass: Duff McKagan
Drums: Frank Ferrer
Keys 1: Dizzy Reed
Keys 2: Chris Pitman

Sounds pretty fucking good to me.

Von

Von wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Oh and just to elaborate my previous post, the more I think about it...

Lead Vocals: Axl Rose
Lead Guitar: Richard Fortus
Rhythm Guitar: Tommy Stinson
Keys 1: Dizzy Reed
Keys 2: Chris Pitman

Sounds pretty fucking good to me.

Perhaps. Still, given that scenario, I'd prefer something along the lines of...

Vocals: W. Axl Rose
Lead guitar: Robin Finck
Rhythm guitar: Richard Fortus
Keys: Dizzy Reed

Von

Von wrote:

Or better still...

Vocals: W. Axl Rose
Lead guitar: Robin Finck
Rhythm guitar: Duff McKagan
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Keys: Dizzy Reed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin is never coming back imo. Robin might be a better shot than Bucket, but Robin ain't coming back. DJ will come back before Robin imo.

I will give you this, if they are gonna move on with Chinese II, it'd be better to do it with Robin & Bucket, than DJ & Ron or Slash & Izzy.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Duff on rhythm full-time and the touring band is suddenly functional again, with added credibility.

You know you'd go to see them on a venue near(ish) you, particularly if Izzy would start doing guest spots.

CD2 will come out eventually, methinks. There's revenue to be had there. A digital release with a limited edition vinyl might be the way to capitalize in this day and age. Plus, Axl's too headstrong to let it go - I think many are mistaking his internal clock with admitting defeat.

AtariLegend wrote:

I honestly think there'd be an even more negative backlash from the forums against the band if Duff joined full time and Izzy showed up more often.

Over the last decade it's been fairly clear that re-unionists tend to be bigger Slash than classic line up fans. The backlash after the Hall of Fame when either Duff or Izzy showed up repeatedly was just plain sad. I'm not going to mention names, but it wasn't just here.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Duff on Rhythm Guitar full time is a stretch. You think he can nail the first solo in night train Izzy plays?  He is a punk rock alt rock guitar player. Chops aren't up his alley. Bass chops yes, not guitar lead lines.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Duff will be an alt player. Like, an official, unofficial member.

And I think Robin is realistic for coming back, IMO.

Board footer