You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Velvet Revolver "fires" Scott Weiland

Gunslinger wrote:

Although I like STP and the music Scott did with them he strikes me more and more as an asshole.  The bullshit he spouted off about Axl a couple years back now shit like this: "a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."  Whatever, keep spouting off smart ass shit and see how well that goes over with your former band.  For the sake of good music (STP had some great stuff) please shut your skinny ass up awhile...unless you are singing.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The full statement:

In an e-mail sent exclusively to MTV News Wednesday morning, Weiland fired back at his erstwhile bandmates, and pulled no punches in his attack of the Revolver.

"After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious 'Guitar Hero,' Saul Hudson, a.k.a. Slash, I find it humorous that the so-called four 'founding members' of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as 'the Project' before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow," Weiland explained. "In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment [to the band], I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun ... at times. But let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member '” no need to mention his name).

"Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back," Weiland continued. "This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow bandmates in [Stone Temple Pilots] and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."

In conclusion, Weiland warned fans not to be "fooled by veiled trickery," and even wished Velvet Revolver his best. "Good hunting, lads '” I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice."

- MTV

PaSnow wrote:

It'd be a pretty useless April Fools joke. "Scott's fired.... ah, no just kidding, he isn't. But he is going to tour with STP for several months & probably record an album with them. We'll be waiting around & be back in a couple years. April Fools though!!"

I wrote that before I noticed it was submitted through Business Wire. Roadrunner Records made an 'official' announcement a few years back claiming they'd signed GNR on their label. Some people go into length at poking fun on others during April 1st.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

the actual statement:
"After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious 'Guitar Hero,' Saul Hudson, a.k.a. Slash, I find it humorous that the so-called four 'founding members' of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as 'the Project' before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow," Weiland explained. "In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment [to the band], I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun ... at times. But let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member '” no need to mention his name).

"Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back," Weiland continued. "This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow bandmates in [Stone Temple Pilots] and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."

In conclusion, Weiland warned fans not to be "fooled by veiled trickery," and even wished Velvet Revolver his best. "Good hunting, lads '” I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice."

Source: http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/158461 … lver.jhtml

Credit goes to demolitionrock77 at the VR forum. 

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Two things that hit me after reading this are:  1.  Poor Dave.  and 2.  I always preferred "the project" over VR anyway.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I went ahead and moved all non vr related scott threads to the black hole section...if anyone is wondering where to look sad

it still sucks but at least we get STP back and get to look forward to a new chapter of music with slash, duff and matt 19

Tommie wrote:

1.  Poor Dave.

I beleve that he'll continue working with them in the future, whether it's within Velvet Revolver or not.

The guy deserves every little bit of credit he could possibly be getting. He's great.

And I might (as well) add that I think that this drama caused by these guys is so fucking stupid - why not do it the right way instead of taking cheap shots at each other?

I'll admit that I am pretty "sad" about the whole situation, because I really liked them as a band, and a lot of that is thanks to Scott Weiland. I still stand by my words from last year about 'Lbertad' - it was the greatest record of 2007 and it was exciting to see them out in the world again after their debut, even though the record failed pretty badly.

I wish them all the best and I hope that they can move on properly and think twice next time when an opportunity like this comes around.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

And I might (as well) add that I think that this drama caused by these guys is so fucking stupid - why not do it the right way instead of taking cheap shots at each other?

Because none of them know any better.  Their entire careers have been filled with drama...on some level, I think they seek it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Another fuckhead statement from scott.

It was lame when he took a shot at Axl years ago. And its lame when he has a shot at VR here. Its a shame he has to make comments like this because I do like some of his singing.

This is my take on it:

1. The reference to guitar hero isn't funny. all it does is make him look jealous that slash is a bigger star than he is. Maybe he considers it selling out. Whatever. The reality is that slash is in that game because he is one of the defining guitar players of his generation. Weiland needs to deal with that.

2. Calling themselves a gang. Well yes...you know maybe Slash and Duff did do that. That's probably because they lived on the streets in LA, doing drugs, getting into fights, Stealing stuff. they basicly were a gang in the old days. Not everyone is pretend. These people lived hard lives. Other members of that gang included Axl, Izzy and Steven. Scott might know them if he thinks about it, a little band called GNR that sold a fuckload more records than his candy ass ever will. Deal with the jealousy scott.

3. The refrence to Sebastian. I assume this is supossed to imply that they are stuck in the 80s and retro and old and whatever else. You know what - while sebastian's style isn't for everyone (some people love his metal sound and others find it cheesy) - there is no question he is technically very proficient. He has a much stronger voice than scott, and also has a wider range of notes he can hit. Sebastian has sung on broadway. So I think it might be time for scott to shut the fuck up here as well. Futhermore...sebastian is playing here in melbourne in 2 months, and was here last year with GNR. Did scott make his VR show in Australia? Oh no...that's right...he was so drugfucked the tour had to be cancelled twice.

STP have a few songs I like. But he damn well needs to learn some modesty and have some respect for other artists, and well, just learn to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

1. The reference to guitar hero isn't funny. all it does is make him look jealous that slash is a bigger star than he is.

Suddenly, Slash being an icon is a problem for Scott. Not so last month!

"We've just learned how to make it work. You can't get around the fact that [in VR] there are four large egos, including mine. However, I think everyone looks to me as the leader, creatively. The guy that comes up with the video concepts, the album and visual ideas. [...] And then Slash. He's a walking billboard. You see Slash walking down the street with his hat on and his glasses and, you know, he's Slash." - Scott, 03/02/08

monkeychow wrote:

2. Calling themselves a gang.

In his rebuttal to Matt last week or so, Scott said it himself: "It's a shame'¦ we were a gang."

Pot, meet kettle.

monkeychow wrote:

3. The refrence to Sebastian. I assume this is supossed to imply that they are stuck in the 80s and retro and old and whatever else.

Maybe, but the word back in '03 was that the choice on the VR frontman ultimately came down to Scott and Baz, so I'm thinking that's what Scott might've alluded to.

Also, I found this to be rather funny in the light of recent events. Remember, this was before Rock Star: INXS was even shot.

"So you wanna be a rock & roll and TV star? The former members of Guns n' Roses might just have a job for you. Guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum and newcomer guitarist Dave Cushner are holding tryouts in Los Angeles to replace Axl Rose -- who splintered the original combo in the Nineties -- and VH1 is filming the proceedings for a new show.

"I was on my way to rehearsal and thinking about all these reality shows," says Slash. "I thought, 'You know what would be fucking cool? To show a band as it goes through all this bullshit.'" The band had placed ads in everything from local circulars to Rolling Stone, reading, according to Slash, "Unnamed artist looking for singer-songwriter somewhere in the realm of early Alice Cooper/Steve Tyler, the harder-edged side of McCartney and Lennon."

"We were getting between 200 and 300 CDs a week," Slash says. "We listened to every single one of them. You have to, because you never know. That one that you throw away could be the shit." In all, more than 500 singers sent demos, and the band has so far auditioned about fifteen of them. Only one finalist, former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach, knew the band beforehand, but he doesn't necessarily have the inside track. "He's busy on Broadway, isn't he?" jokes Sorum. "Seriously, we haven't found the one yet."

"I absolutely love [Sebastian]," says McKagan. "He's amazing, but we've just got to be really careful with who's going to front this thing."" - RS, 02/16/03

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I think Axl Rose should front the NEW Velvet Revolver. LMFAO

Board footer