You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Fargo (TV Series on Netflix)

Will wrote:

Anyone else watched this? I've not finished the 1st season yet but really enjoying it so far. I've definitely seen the original movie as I recall a scene involving a woodchipper, but I don't remember much else about it tbh.

Last time I used Netflix I cancelled it during my free trial period as they didn't have much that interested me, but this time around I've found tons of good stuff (Orange is the new black, dexter, narcos, breaking bad, better call saul and now Fargo).

johndivney wrote:

how far into the season are you? the latest one has just started (airs on channel 4 in the uk).

for me it's the most perfectly executed tv series ever made.
with regards to debut seasons maybe not as outright mind blowing and exciting as the soprano's/wire/twin peaks, but in terms of quality & delivery it's quite perfect.

every beat has a purpose - there's barely a second wasted - it looks gorgeous, it's arc & characters are some of the best ever seen on tv (lester & malvo of course, malvo being one of the greatest monsters ever to grace film).
one of the funniest, funnest, sharpest shows ever made.

i adored it.

aces.

season 2 so far hasn't been as good but it's starting to pick up & unravel a little.
the latest episode, episode 3, was absolutely brilliant.
& the cast are excellent again (tho ted danson's california accent is a bum note). kirsten dunst is killing it.

johndivney wrote:

Best show ever.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I've now finished Season 1 and agreed on all points John, fantastic series 5

I've only watched the first episode of Season 2, and currently in 2 minds about whether to watch it on a weekly basis on Channel 4 (Im in the UK) or wait for the full season to go up on Netflix ad-free. Usually when I watch stuff on a week-to-week basis I miss episodes or lose interest. It happened with Lost, Prison Break and a few others - no chance of that happening when I can binge watch over the weekend 22

Board footer