You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Donald Trump running for President

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The way things are going we all live in a war state.

Perhaps...but if u live in fear then the extremists are winning

For example...assuming all Muslims are terrorists....that's a scary path to go down

I don't think they are, but here's what I do know:

1) we don't know who is and who isn't
2) part of the reason for that is the non-radicals don't speak up
3) so I don't think it's ridiculous to slow things down until we can get some clarity.

I think it's crazier to just look the other wayand hope for the best than it is to make a tough decision to potentially help protect American lives. After all, our government owes us protection before it owes anyone else protection.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The problem is so massive and complex I struggle to see us being able to do anything about it. Wars creating refugees, policies creating poverty, a political elite more concerned with honey bees and bad words than they are the society erupting around them.

A recipe for chaos. And the cure for chaos is usually tyranny. So fun times ahead. neutral

Where do you live? Sweden? Tell us how the migration is going in your country.

Whether or not he's from Sweden, the Swedish government took 81,000 asylum seekers in last year and a few months ago, predicted the number would double this year. That would be almost 2% of the existing population.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The way things are going we all live in a war state.

Perhaps...but if u live in fear then the extremists are winning

For example...assuming all Muslims are terrorists....that's a scary path to go down

I don't think they are, but here's what I do know:

1) we don't know who is and who isn't
2) part of the reason for that is the non-radicals don't speak up
3) so I don't think it's ridiculous to slow things down until we can get some clarity.

I think it's crazier to just look the other wayand hope for the best than it is to make a tough decision to potentially help protect American lives. After all, our government owes us protection before it owes anyone else protection.

Ur assuming the gov't gives a shit

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo, nobody said all Muslims are terrorists. Don't start a straw man argument. Buzz is right here. There are probably a million plus radicals and that is less than 1% of all Muslims. Some of those have and will make it to the US and Canada and for sure Europe. It is pure math.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Ur assuming the gov't gives a shit

Oh, no.  I know the gov't doesn't give a shit.  They don't care about anything other than retaining power.  Don't even get me started on the gov't.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like many here don't like the US either. Just think of what a world would be like with out a United States. How would WW2 have gone... Guess we are just assholes over here. After 911 under George Bush there were zero terrorist attacks in the US. So in one aspect Bush kept the US safe. But a lot of good people died in that stupid war in Iraq.

I absolutely love the US, what it stands for and what it has done for the world, but it's frustrating to see the country fold back onto ultra-conservative populist rhetoric more and more. What made the US great is that it's founding fathers decided not to look backwards to determine how to do things, they looked towards the future and created a society that was ready to face the challenges it was going to face, not the ones that it had faced in the past.

Now, you have a whole slew of presidential candidates that seem to do nothing but look towards the past for solutions, and Trump's "let's make America great again" campaign is a textbook example of this. And they're not even looking at the past solutions, they're only looking at what America looked like on the surface back then (nice Christian people, with normal family values, mom cooking dinner while dad goes to work, 2.3 children, predominantly white, ...). They see America is changing and at the same time "showing signs of sickness" and they're battling the symptoms instead of doing the right thing and addressing the underlying cause.

Bush and his administration didn't keep America safe, they are directly responsible for ISIS, by disenfranchising a large part of the Iraqi population and the entirety of Saddam's army. And now Obama is stuck with the symptoms. Just fighting the symptoms now won't help for very long anymore. It just masks the underlying problem for a short while until it erupts like a ripe boil and takes the country down with it. Please, don't make that mistake and be vocal about people's rights. Be a real conservative and be true to your values, not to some idolized image of the past.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo, nobody said all Muslims are terrorists. Don't start a straw man argument. Buzz is right here. There are probably a million plus radicals and that is less than 1% of all Muslims. Some of those have and will make it to the US and Canada and for sure Europe. It is pure math.

It's probably more like .0001%  (or less) and why should 99,999 people be denied safety and refuge because of one douchebag

We had an attack on canadian soil in our nation's capital in the parlament bldgs (our "whitehouse") just over a year ago...I would assume that people that are gonna perform a terrorist attack aren't likely to seek refuge status...but I dunno

Imo the cnn, msnbc and fox's of the world are just as guilty of spreading fear as anyone

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

After all, our government owes us protection before it owes anyone else protection.

I fully agree, but polarizing the population on religious boundaries is not a good way to protect your citizens. Nurturing islamophobia by singling out the muslims is not going to help reduce terrorism, on the contrary.

How many Americans died of Jihadist violence in the past decade? Less than 100... Every death is one too many, but aren't we overstating the danger those radical muslims really impose?

How many people died of 'lone wolf' crazies, mass shootings and non-muslim violence? Almost three hundred thousand... why are we singling out the muslims again?

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just think of what a world would be like with out a United States. How would WW2 have gone...

I cannot believe you went there. Very silly comment to make.

Russia/Britain still would have won eventually. The US just cut a few years of a longer war and didn't enter the war until after Pearl Harbor.

I can just imagine it now Smoking you sitting back to watch U 571 with the Team America theme playing in the background.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Britian and Russia would have won eventually? It was a team effort.

"Only 100 dead in the past decade" ha, that leaves out the 3,000 dead from 9-11. 130 just died in Paris. 200 dead from Egypt  plane explosion. 100 dead from Lebanon bombing. Thousands killed in battlefield. ALL FROM JIHAD. Ask the 14 dead in California if we over estimated their threat. Or Chattanooga. Or Missouri. Or Benghazi, or USS Cole. Come on man, there is a huge problem. And for the love of God don't compare the KKK and Abortiom Bombings to this. THAT IS RARE. Jihad? Not rare.

Board footer