You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

DCK wrote:

for those of us who like and respect Robin, we will get to see him do what he does best this year - perform.

Well yes, but I'm not here to see him in NIN or performing with NIN.

And I haven't even mentioned the moral dilemma of playing in two big bands at the same time. Maybe Axl is just nicer than what I am.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

Robin Finck goes to tour with NIN for the rest of 2008. I think that's pretty much safe to say. Just what does that tell you people? You won't see the album this year at all. That's certainly NOT good as we all expected it would come out this year due to the previous rumours and halfway confirmations done.

So even if he IS in GNR but just tours with NIN to cover dead time then I would say that says a lot. For me it's a setback beyond most of what's been going on the past years. I thought with BH gone this band would be close to finished but they got that taken care of. If Stinson or Finck quits then that's just it. Then it's not a band but a parody.

If Finck just quit then I would say pretty much that that's it for this project. How can you go on tour without your two most important contributors to your albums in Finck and BH? You can replace people up to some point but you at least have to have them onstage when you promote your album.

So, best case, Finck is still in GNR and that means another year of nothing. And that is your BEST case scenario.

not true
the album can come out while he is finishing up the nin tour

DCK wrote:

for those of us who like and respect Robin, we will get to see him do what he does best this year - perform.

Well yes, but I'm not here to see him in NIN or performing with NIN.

And I haven't even mentioned the moral dilemma of playing in two big bands at the same time. Maybe Axl is just nicer than what I am.

moral dilemma?  are you fucking kidding me?   If Robin is cool with it, and Axl is cool with it, and Trent is cool with it, then where is the moral dilemma?    Thats not to say they are, we don't know.

DCK

DCK wrote:

How would that work out PR wise uh? You release an album as a band but your main guitar player is busy playing for another band? To me that sounds like asking for trouble with the media in all aspects. And Axl needs all the positive PR he can get. It doesnt look good when your main guitar guy is off somewhere playing for Nince Inch Nails.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
DCK wrote:

He wouldn't be... GNR isn't doing anything.  It would be different if they had a tour planned or something.  But as of now, there's nothing planned... it's like when Tommy played with Soul Asylum.  He didn't leave GNR, the band just wasn't active.

mariposa
 Rep: 2 

mariposa wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

for those of us who like and respect Robin, we will get to see him do what he does best this year - perform. 3

Absolutely! He's an awesome performer, whether he's in NIN or in Gn'R.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

How would that work out PR wise uh? You release an album as a band but your main guitar player is busy playing for another band? To me that sounds like asking for trouble with the media in all aspects. And Axl needs all the positive PR he can get. It doesnt look good when your main guitar guy is off somewhere playing for Nince Inch Nails.

to you and i you may be right but to the rest of the world nobody will notice when the promo starts and the album is released cause nothing is live at that point anyways. does axl really care what the media thinks. all press is good press anyways.

DCK

DCK wrote:

to you and i you may be right but to the rest of the world nobody will notice when the promo starts and the album is released cause nothing is live at that point anyways. does axl really care what the media thinks. all press is good press anyways.

That might be true, but it's still not an ideal situation. Finck is tied up for the rest of 2008, so there will be no touring. That is just not good.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

That might be true, but it's still not an ideal situation. Finck is tied up for the rest of 2008, so there will be no touring. That is just not good.

i agree with that at the same time
someone should e-mail ron or richard and find out what's going on

they are always good about responding

if we get no reponse or a shallow one chances are he is gone for good

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

considering the huge response that this has gotten on the forums over the past 2 days...i hope that we'll find out Axl's view on this sooner rather than later...

Board footer