You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Sorum Offers His Insight

Saikin wrote:

This is a summary from the VR Forum from DemolitionRock77:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here is what was relevant to VR:
1. The problems started when Scott said he would be playing STP for the rest of the year
2. They are looking at new people, no names have been mentioned
3. The 4 of them staying together
5. Scott's announcement at Glasgow was in fact a surprise to everyone
6. Sorum hinted poor Libertad sales as a possible reason why Weiland decided to do STP

----------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently Sorum also made a sniping comment about Scott having the "carrot dangled" in front of him by STP to lure him away from VR.

Apparently it's not going over well at the VR Forum...here are some quotes:

From remraf:

That whole 'carrot dangling' chaps me ass a bit. What, with Slash and Duff consistently saying that they would do a GnR reunion if the opportunity was right. Matt would be there in a heartbeat as well. So because Scott and the rest of STP thought it was the right opportunity, that's somehow some bullshit to Matt? Scott's reunion happened first...and the other 3 or 4 are all bewildered? They would do the same friggin' thing if Axl called tomorrow.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

First of all, this is hilarious.  They tried to act like Scott announcing that on stage wasn't a surprise... that's quite funny that it was!

And it's so true about Matt, he's being a hypocrite.  If Axl called and said let's do this, they're offering us this much money, he would be on it without hessitation.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I've felt this way for a long time.  The only way a reunion will ever happen is if Izzy initiates it.  He's the only one able to talk to both camps.  Until Axl has delivered chinese democracy and anything else he's working on in that vault, no reunion will ever happen.  Of all the members least likely to run back to Axl, I'd place Duff at the top of the list.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

The way I see it, Scott just got in first.

His reunion happened before the other guys so I don't blame him for jumping - he could see the writing on the wall anyhow with VR and a poor showing with the second album.  STP comes along and it gave him something to jump to.

I have no doubt that if the shoe was on the other foot Scott would be left standing out in the cold in a second, in fact he would have to be careful he didn't get trampled during the hasty exodus back to uncle Axl.

So I don't blame him for jumping ship, however I do think he is a tool for the unprofessional manner in which he handled it.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The only way a reunion will ever happen is if Izzy initiates it.

Don't see that happening though to be honest. Think he's pretty happy doing his solo gig, has no resentment that we know of to any member past or present. Asking Axl to call up Slash would probably make him lose contact for another 14 years 14

edit: Not saying that Izzy wouldnt do a reunion, and I agree that he is the key to ever getting it off the ground. I just don't see Izzy actively taking on the role of messenger boy for ego and ego (axl and slash) 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Much as I like Izzy I see him as the least important to a reunion. His actions over the years show the last thing he likes about the band is the drama and bullshit. So I can't see him getting into a position where he is resoponsilbe for all the negotiatins and dealing with everyones attitudes and drama.

Izzy is more the kind of guy that if others plan an entire reunion show, then you approach izzy and see if he's up for it, and if he thinks it will be hastle free and fun then he'll show up.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Good luck to all..

Board footer