You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Just say no to corporate cash grabs

tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

My friends & I bonded just as much over UYI & Lies as we did AFD.

I think if people listened, or reappraised, the Illusions they'd be genuinely gobsmacked at the dexterity & quality on them.

I'm not necessarily a fan but I know the guy from Biffie Clyro has UYI tattoo & cited it as an influence on one of their albums.

Honestly if people could just get past the noise & bs they'd find two truly mind blowing & inventive rock albums that deserve to rank alongside the all time greats.

Maybe people will come back to them.

They do have an unfair reputation with a lot of people who wanted Appetite Part 2. They aren't perfect. Drop the covers and stupid filler like Shotgun Blues/Get in the Ring/My World and you have a ton of great material. The production quality is not as good as on Appetite and they definitely miss Adler's drumming, but still a lot of great songs on the two Illusion records.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its amazing, the press have done nothing but dog Axl's footsteps over the last decade with Slash, Slash, Slash rhetoric... now Slash is back with Axl it's, oh well ya know its all about Izzy and Adler... Gimmie a break!

Who gives a fuck what these no-nothing, no-it all's in the press say? Surely as the real hardcore troops we should be giving them hell, they shat all over the new GN'R era cause Slash wasnt there, yet we were! We were all there when Axl and the "hired hands" played repeated shows across the world calling themselves GN'R, we lived it, loved it and hated it, wanted more, wanted less... These fuckin trendies in the press tried their best to make everyone hate it cause Slash wasnt there... But they failed, doesnt matter how much you hated it or loved it,or wanted more....  Axl has made a killing with the new GNR project, largely just playing the old bands songs!

Now Axl, Duff, N' Slash are all on board together, hell bent on taking the  Guns N'Fuckin' Roses touring machine on one last, unpredictable hellacious ride into the sunset... suddenly Izzy n' Steven are the bread n' butter of what makes Guns N'Roses?

Since fucking when?
Since Axl and Slash made amends with each other and suddenly the fact that the media chose a side in the first place seems fucking ridiculous maybe?

Slash was the darling boy, Axl was the demon. In every interview. They largely chose Slash's side and shat all over Axl. Now Slash has made up with the evil, nasty, horrid caricature that the press made Axl out to be... they cant roll over, they've got to save face. Now its about Izzy, Steven... and Matt to a lesser extent.

Fuck them.

Axl and Slash back together again, I dont care how slow or hamfisted they roll it all out... Axl N' Slash, N' Duff "Rose" McKagen... back together again and  ready to raise hell!!  5 5 5 Gimme Gimmie Gimmie 9

And if ya think Izzy will tour with New GN'R and not this GN'R...

You can kiss my black ass hahahaaaa 14 13

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Dont know where this belongs, but I've never seen it smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Dont know where this belongs, but I've never seen it smile

That was kick ass!

johndivney wrote:

Olorin is the best.
More drunk/Scottish posting man. Mate, when/if there's a Scottish gig I am coming over & you're getting me shitfaced!

Oh man, remembering (vaguely) the times I've been to Scotland. First time I ever saw a girl piss herself. If I'd known then what I know now.. I'd have followed her home instead of sidestepping her..

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Thanks john, first complement you've gave me... in a way. All I know is its a compliment getting a taxi driver from my neighboring town to pick me up and get me home safely without an extra expense cause I wont shit or vomit on his back seat... and run.

I assure all the GN'R Evo World Wide Crew... If I was a taxi driver I'd pick you up and take you where you wanna go, but its a sad state of afffairs that if a taxi driver picks up a fare in my town, doesnt matter where they claim to want to go, the big question is.... will they shite on my back seat and bail?

In my town the answer is yes, but I promise................................................................................. I won't 22

johndivney wrote:

Don't make promises you can't keep.
I'm coming to party hard if there's a Scottish show now I've got a decent source.
First time I had to bring over all my own gear. Naive as fuck I didn't realise threred be checks at the boat. Loaded with speed & green, lucky got there late rushed us thru to the boat.
On way home was different. Had met up with a friend who couldn't believe we'd got thru cause of the checks & right enough on the way home there were the pigs doing their searches. Had to swallow everything that was left before boarding a boat full of either Rangers or Celtic fans. I can't remember who cause they have to travel on different days.

Anyway man, expecting you to get the supplies in!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

One of my best mates is from Belfast, we went to college together in Ayr in the 2000 n' somethings, so he was back and forth regular. I thought armed police and thorough searches was the norm on those ferry trips, I think they really might be lol, I dont think you realise how lucky you were  14

Johnny Adair used to hang out in the same bars as me after he fled NI, I always noticed he chose a seating position where he could see who was coming in the entrance,  obviously paranoid he was going to get shot. I never liked hanging around when he was there in case someone did spray the bar with bullets. He was very quiet though, very polite and respectful if you happened to brush shoulders with him, if you didnt know who he was you wouldnt notice him.
Another one of my best mates was a mad skinhead from ayrshire, he was much bigger and burlier than Adair, but apart from the size, with the shaved head he did have a really strong similarity with Adair, sometimes when out together I got a bit paranoid there would be a mistaken identity and we'd be shot lol. Adairs tiny by the way, stocky, but the height of shite as we say.

A load of boys used to come over from Belfast to visit my mate from college, what a laugh we had. Honestly Northern Irish are the funniest fuckers on earth, I thought I had patter, but when these boys came over I just sat back in awe. You know that way your cheeks are sore from all the laughing, theres just something in the way they tell it that just floors you, it was just magic. Just a barrel of laughs from beginning to end, they could tell you about their worst day ever and have you in tears of laughter, top tier banter it really was.

Board footer