You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Nightrain Official Site

AtariLegend wrote:

We'll there's Croke Park which would be ballsy to see them try to fill that out and I'd guess the RDS which would be more realistic?

The 02 that they played on recent tours seems too small considering how fast tickets have went so far. Then again I don't live down there, I live in The North tongue.

-edit-

Refer to Johnny's post.

johndivney wrote:

Maybe it has nothing to do with Ireland tho...??

Been at the previous RDS gig. Was miles from the stage & sound was rubbish, typical outdoor stuff. Been at a gig in the Aviva when it was still Lansdowne road. Was miles from the stage & terrible venue, just a mass of concrete.
Typically cheerful outlook there.

Be great if there was a gig up here tho. Springsteen did the Kings Hall a couple of years ago, 30,000 or so.. Think RDS/Aviva prob hold a few more.. Depends on who is promoting the gig I guess. If there is one of course..

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The 02 that they played on recent tours seems too small

Best venue I've been at for a big gig. No matter where you are on the floor you're close to the stage. GnR fans found it useful for throwing things at the band..
But yea I think sp1at discounted it as an option earlier. Outdoor/stadium gigs this time round.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The 02 that they played on recent tours seems too small

Best venue I've been at for a big gig. No matter where you are on the floor you're close to the stage. GnR fans found it useful for throwing things at the band..
But yea I think sp1at discounted it as an option earlier. Outdoor/stadium gigs this time round.

johnny if they do, do you mind taking out a loan for me for a ticket? I'll pay you back in winter tongue.

I'm GUESSING if they wanted to do a Euro stadium tour, summer would be the best time (outside of France) with the football season over? This is of course assuming they can sell out stadiums this side of the world.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Every time they tour this happens. They announce an Ireland date, I get excited/panicky ("What if they don't come to the UK?") and buy tickets and fly over. And two weeks after the Ireland announcement they reveal the UK dates.

Won't get fooled again.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Why not them spent summer time in Europe and only then go to their core US market? It will give additional demand after media coverage of Europe fests

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I believe it's just a contest to win tix to a Vegas show. Winner is named on St. Patrick's Day.

AtariLegend wrote:

They haven't announced anything yet, I re-checked the thread. Should know later tonight.

24 hours is up in a few minutes.

-edit-

You were right BLS.

12729041_761667017311452_6058942049712361308_n.jpg?oh=66681cb38e75645b6c9cd79bd853674e&oe=56C8B624

johndivney wrote:

Jeez that's underwhelming.. to put it fuckin mildly! Haha what a load of horse shit. Kinda thought tho it was too good to be true this early in the cycle.. If they even play over here. Without a festival attached to it I doubt there's a market for a stand alone GnR stadium show in Ireland. People would readily travel to England/Scotland for a show if there wasn't an Irish date. But yea that stupid cocktease for a lame freakin competition is crap!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I believe it's just a contest to win tix to a Vegas show. Winner is named on St. Patrick's Day.

That solves the mystery, the 'three-leaf clover' is actually an ace of spades.

Should've known it's a bit early to announce a Euro tour.

Give it a two-month notice for presales. I expect announcements by Coachella.

Board footer