You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bottom line, you can't have two dicks in the band.

You know I love this band...but I think the history of GNR demonstrates pretty much all of them will look at for #1 when it counts. They're a group of people who do what they gotta do when they gotta do it. I don't see matt as any worse than anyone else.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You cannot deny the chemistry....

I wanted Adler and Matt with 2 drum kits honestly.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank only has the job because he didn't leave. Period. Axl is kind of loyal to the nu guns kind of. Had DJ not left Slash never comes back. Very odd to us but clearly Axl was content. If Frank had left I bet Sorum would have been there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

If Chris is out, and it looks to be leaning that way, questions abound. It could certainly be a money issue. Never thought of it that way, but money is always a factor. If you don't view him as essential, and I don't think anyone would. That's not to say he doesn't bring anything to the table, but if you're looking to trim the fat and have one less person to share the profits, he'd be at the top of the list.

Was this the plan all along or were his two well documented tweets the cause of this? If this was the plan, I'd say he was unaware. Maybe he jumped the gun and just assumed he was going to be a part of it? He put together that trailer that ran prior to Star Wars and tweeted about Coachella. So obviously he was all in early on. So it's interesting to think about how we ended up here. I know the popular belief will be that the tweets sealed his fate, but who knows with this organization. Wouldn't shock me if they strung him along and just recently let him know that he wasn't going to be a part of this, or at least they weren't upfront with him regarding his official status from the start. We'll probably never know for sure though, as is the case most often in the land of GNR.

AtariLegend wrote:
faldor wrote:

If Chris is out, and it looks to be leaning that way, questions abound. It could certainly be a money issue. Never thought of it that way, but money is always a factor. If you don't view him as essential, and I don't think anyone would. That's not to say he doesn't bring anything to the table, but if you're looking to trim the fat and have one less person to share the profits, he'd be at the top of the list.

Was this the plan all along or were his two well documented tweets the cause of this? If this was the plan, I'd say he was unaware. Maybe he jumped the gun and just assumed he was going to be a part of it? He put together that trailer that ran prior to Star Wars and tweeted about Coachella. So obviously he was all in early on. So it's interesting to think about how we ended up here. I know the popular belief will be that the tweets sealed his fate, but who knows with this organization. Wouldn't shock me if they strung him along and just recently let him know that he wasn't going to be a part of this, or at least they weren't upfront with him regarding his official status from the start. We'll probably never know for sure though, as is the case most often in the land of GNR.

He's probably confined to the studio from now on like Tobias. Remember Axl answered the Tobias question during the chats, but Bumblefoot here on Evo/ROV during a chat supposedly told Lofton ect that he's never seen Tobias before?

Pitman is an interesting case compared to the others, considering he's the only one (from the line-up in recent years) we know has definitely worked/interacted with Axl outside a tour from Beta's instagram/tweets ect.

Maybe he's staying with Tool now full time and it was just convenient as far as the money goes.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Meanwhile Matt and Duff have proven fantastic chemistry in a live setting. VR doesn't even have that many awesome songs but I know a bunch of people who will say the contraband live shows are amongst the best gigs they saw, let alone the UYI tour.

To be fair though, we haven't heard Duff and Slash play with Frank in any real capacity yet. They might have hit it off at early rehearsals when they were still debating wether or not to bring Matt or Steven in and just decided that they have great chemistry with Frank as well.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Anybody complaining about this lineup should point their frustration at Slash and Duff. They chose to rejoin the band. It's not Axl's fault that Adler, Sorum, Stradlin, etc. aren't a part of it - Slash and Duff chose to rejoin a current touring entity. They were clearly ok with rejoining Axl's band, and obviously they don't care about other former members because they are happy to play these shows without an ultimatum. MAYBE at the end of the day the compromise was no 3rd guitarist, no second keyboardist, but nothing related to who the other "2" were.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Meanwhile Matt and Duff have proven fantastic chemistry in a live setting. VR doesn't even have that many awesome songs but I know a bunch of people who will say the contraband live shows are amongst the best gigs they saw, let alone the UYI tour.

To be fair though, we haven't heard Duff and Slash play with Frank in any real capacity yet. They might have hit it off at early rehearsals when they were still debating wether or not to bring Matt or Steven in and just decided that they have great chemistry with Frank as well.

This.

And whoever said this was a new lineup itself is right on. This is a great situation, it boggles my mind we would let Matt Sorum piss us off.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

SG's prediction:

Alder and Izzy will both make a cameo in Vegas. It will happen. But since those two can't do a full tour this is the core band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Anybody complaining about this lineup should point their frustration at Slash and Duff. They chose to rejoin the band. It's not Axl's fault that Adler, Sorum, Stradlin, etc. aren't a part of it - Slash and Duff chose to rejoin a current touring entity.

I agree...but then I also think...when it became clear they wanted to rejoin...Tommy quietly went into the night....and DJ politely diplomatically left....and then they now seem to have squeezed out pitman....then they swapped the whole branding of the band to 80s/90s GNR.

I find it weird that everyone on here seems to hate sorum...his drum style is very apparent on UYI1, UY2 and TSI and he was a huge part of the feel of the songs on use your illusion - which is what people are always calling to be added back to the setlist.

Board footer