You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

That's semantics though.

They wanted back in Guns N Roses because they founded it, because they wrote 83% of the bands songs, because newer bands were never accepted by the music listening public and Axl's instance that it is GNR is considered a joke to most , and because touring under the GNR brand will bring significantly more money than any of their solo efforts would.

It's not like they wanted in the band so they can play with Pittman and Frank. It's not like they've seen the light and want to start making industrial songs and follow that vision.

It's not semantics. They joined the CD band. That's the band they joined. Industrial songs?

Really, they're learning to play those songs. And you'll probably hear them on more of those songs. If they didn't like it they wouldn't have come back. They wanted back with Axl. I think thst was top priority. We have Axl, Slash and Duff in the same band and it doesn't seem to be good enough.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

That's semantics though.

They wanted back in Guns N Roses because they founded it, because they wrote 83% of the bands songs, because newer bands were never accepted by the music listening public and Axl's instance that it is GNR is considered a joke to most , and because touring under the GNR brand will bring significantly more money than any of their solo efforts would.

It's not like they wanted in the band so they can play with Pittman and Frank. It's not like they've seen the light and want to start making industrial songs and follow that vision.

It's not semantics. They joined the CD band. That's the band they joined. Industrial songs?

Really, they're learning to play those songs. And you'll probably hear them on more of those songs. If they didn't like it they wouldn't have come back. They wanted back with Axl. I think thst was top priority. We have Axl, Slash and Duff in the same band and it doesn't seem to be good enough.

Haha Car Wash dream was the first from a real source lol.

ID, this is not the CD band!  First, Frank was barely on CD, and you have Fortus... Dizzy and Axl carry over from classic line up.... Duff and Slash are from classic era. You now have 4 guys from UYI era and 2 dudes that can barely even be heard on CD.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?  it means Slash and Duff will appease Axl, learn CD shit and laugh all the way to the bank. It does not mean they heard CD and were like, OMG, we must join that band! 

I means they wanted to be back in the real guns and did whatever it took and it just so happened others left.

Adler from what I have heard, will get his big moment on stage with GNR and that is all thanks to Slash. Slash is going to make sure his buddy get in there. He wanted Sorum too, but will he is getting some Adler time so the dude can enjoy it and for his well being.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's semantics though.

Id - you are right that we have Axl, Slash, Duff and it's not good enough for some people. My issue is that those who think that blame it on Axl. While he doesn't deserve benefit of the doubt, blaming the absence of Steven, Matt, Izzy, or in SGs case Gilby and fucking Zig Zag on Axl is ludicrous.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That's semantics though.

Id - you are right that we have Axl, Slash, Duff and it's not good enough for some people. My issue is that those who think that blame it on Axl. While he doesn't deserve benefit of the doubt, blaming the absence of Steven, Matt, Izzy, or in SGs case Gilby and fucking Zig Zag on Axl is ludicrous.

Lol...  I am dying. Haha.

I like this idea of the core band but I want lots of guest appearances by the whole family (Adler, Sorum, Izzy, Gilby, Zig Zag, Traci, Roberta)

misterID

misterID wrote:

I agreed flashflood.

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That's semantics though.

Haha Car Wash dream was the first from a real source lol.

ID, this is not the CD band!  First, Frank was barely on CD, and you have Fortus... Dizzy and Axl carry over from classic line up.... Duff and Slash are from classic era. You now have 4 guys from UYI era and 2 dudes that can barely even be heard on CD.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?  it means Slash and Duff will appease Axl, learn CD shit and laugh all the way to the bank. It does not mean they heard CD and were like, OMG, we must join that band! 

I means they wanted to be back in the real guns and did whatever it took and it just so happened others left.

Adler from what I have heard, will get his big moment on stage with GNR and that is all thanks to Slash. Slash is going to make sure his buddy get in there. He wanted Sorum too, but will he is getting some Adler time so the dude can enjoy it and for his well being.

Ugh, whoever is in Axl's band will be the Chinese Democracy band.

Man, you guys must think Duff and Slash have no integrity at all. I would hope if they didn't like CD they wouldn't want to play any of it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

We are a few weeks away. Many answers will be coming our way very soon.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That's semantics though.

It's supposed to be Axl's band isn't it? Who else should it be on if not him? And he and Izzy are supposed to be tight, no? So he can use Izzy for nuGNR to lead some credibility, but now that Izzy wants back in he slams the door shut? Where is that infamous Axl loyalty that we keep hearing about? Izzy has had to take to twitter to try and push his way back into the band he founded, and he may never even have been consulted about the reunion in the first place.

With Matt and Steven it may be one thing. But to leave Izzy out in the cold is absolutely on Axl.

misterID

misterID wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's supposed to be Axl's band isn't it? Who else should it be on if not him? And he and Izzy are supposed to be tight, no? So he can use Izzy for nuGNR to lead some credibility, but now that Izzy wants back in he slams the door shut? Where is that infamous Axl loyalty that we keep hearing about? Izzy has had to take to twitter to try and push his way back into the band he founded, and he may never even have been consulted about the reunion in the first place.

With Matt and Steven it may be one thing. But to leave Izzy out in the cold is absolutely on Axl.

How does anyone know Izzy wants back in?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:

Izzy being out is on Izzy. He has made clear since 91 he is not one for the spotlight.

And yes, it is Axl's band, but what I'm boiling this down to is the philosophical difference between a "reunion" and what it really is. And in that case, if there ever was a real "feud" it makes Duff and Slash appear to be the ones acquiescing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

How does anyone know Izzy wants back in?

Really? This again? We will have many answers in less than a month and won't need Jim and other theories via ID anymore. Izzy hopefully will make a cameo in Vegas.

Board footer