You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

polluxlm wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would be happy to see some locomotive.  I would also like to see One in a Million, not because of the controversy with the lyrics, but because it's only been played live once that I recall (that unplugged CBGB's gig), but more importantly I really like the tune.  The background electric guitar riff coupled with the acoustic sounds awesome.

NOT going to happen in this climate. sad

A shame really. It is one of their best songs. No white man with his marbles still intact will stand on a stage and sing those lyrics in 2016. Even 30 years ago it was very ballsy.

We have hope then 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Anyway. Velvet Revolver: love 'em. I know Slash only tends to play Slither these days, but if GN'R were doing a VR track as a tribute to Weiland, the obvious choice is FTP. Or Messages, but that wasn't a big hit for them.

I enjoyed Scott's music so I'd love to see a GNR tribute. Yet in a way it doesn't make much sense to do a tribute to Weiland. Only 2 members of the GNR we will see played with Weiland. They only did that because they were on the outs with Axl and trying to reinvent themselves. They ended up giving up on him and firing him. Meanwhile Axl and Scott trashed each other in the press. It's sort of awkward.

If they do it I'd assume they'll do fall to pieces as it's well known and theme appropriate. However I'd love to hear deeper cuts in Axl's voice - like Let it Roll or Sucker Train Blues.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Faldor, stop being a dick. Saying he has a different opinion as opposed to him saying all VR fans have bad taste are two different things.

You can have a differing opinion without insulting people.

Dude, you need to lighten up. Now I'M being a dick? You're priceless. I took his comment in jest. I don't think he truly meant that you have shitty taste in music for liking VR. I'm sorry you took that as an insult, I didn't think that was his intention. Simple as that. I'm also sorry you think I'm being a dick, but to each their own.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, you are such a double talkin jive mother fuckin DICK....HA

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, you are such a double talkin jive mother fuckin DICK....HA

Get the money MF'er, cuz I got no more patience. 9

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

A cover song we've never heard them do before.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

So after slamming any time the band added a cover over the past 15 years now we want new covers?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

So after slamming any time the band added a cover over the past 15 years now we want new covers?

Just shut up and sing Flash Flood.... 9

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Haha I've got a beer with your face written all over it on 4/8 in the pit!

Edited to be clear this is a joke

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

SG most wanted songs for this tour-

World On Fire
Shadow Life
Automatic Overdrive
Stone Blind

Etc

Board footer