You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Suicide Squad/Justice League Films

AtariLegend wrote:

Reviews have been pretty bad on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm generally not fond of Rotten Tomatoes, but the number of bad critic reviews are overwhelming.

I'd normally go see this on Friday, however school holidays mean the cinema will be packed out. I'll wait till next week.

Yeah I'm going into this with an open mind. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't always have the most reliable critic sources for their reviews. I loved Man of Steel and I know Collider Movie Talk and certain reviewers that I like enjoyed most of the movie despite a ton of problems. So going to give it a fair shake and see what all the fuss is about.

AtariLegend wrote:

This is going around the internet.

It's still going to be at least week until I see it, post school holidays (empty cinema).

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Saw Dawn of Justice last night and me as a Batman fan, and my brother as a Superman fan, we both thought it was great.

I really don't get the hate

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Saw Dawn of Justice last night and me as a Batman fan, and my brother as a Superman fan, we both thought it was great.

I'm going monday. This was refreshing to hear. Everyone is slamming this movie. I did hear that Ben is the best on screen batman ever.. agree?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I'm going monday. This was refreshing to hear. Everyone is slamming this movie. I did hear that Ben is the best on screen batman ever.. agree?

Yeah, he was good. I don't know if he bettered Christian Bale, who is my favourite Batman, but he certainly played the part well.

Even today having sat with the film in my mind for a day now, I still thought it was excellent.

I really don't understand the critics slamming it. Was it perfect? No. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. Solid acting, solid story, solid characters etc.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Saw it Friday afternoon and the first two thirds of it is very messy. Bizarre storytelling and editing. But the last one third of it is just a great knock down drag out similar to Avengers. Loved seeing Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman interact with each other.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

. I did hear that Ben is the best on screen batman ever.. agree?

I think Ben was phenomenal as Batman. I would love to see stand alone movies with him.

This movie has a kind of a darker tone than the normal superhero movie. It explores some interesting themes that relate to flaws in the characters such as:

Hidden Text:

Batman is essentially driven by his need for vengeance for his parents, but can that devolve too far if he is pushed enough by 20 years of chaos in Gotham? Superman is an all powerful alien who always does what he thinks is right, but what happens if he is wrong, and why does he have the right?

The pacing at the start is a bit weird, and you need to have seen Man of Steel....but aside from those comparatively minor issues, I really throughly enjoyed it as a Batman fan.

It's bizarre to me how people are disliking it.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Saw it Friday afternoon and the first two thirds of it is very messy. Bizarre storytelling and editing. But the last one third of it is just a great knock down drag out similar to Avengers. Loved seeing Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman interact with each other.

Definitely agree with this. The beginning was such a mess. I remember people complaining about the way Nolan edited the Batman movies, but at least he can tell a coherent story. There was none of that in the beginning of this movie. The end was very entertaining though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I read somewhere the directors cut of the movie on BD will be 3 hours long....so perhaps that explains the awkward editing at the start - there's 30+ mins missing.

AtariLegend wrote:

So this is similar to Watchmen with less violence/sex/swearing? That's how it sounds.

Board footer