You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Suicide Squad/Justice League Films

Saw the movie last night with my parents and I enjoyed it despite a ton of story and structure issues. Affleck knocked it out of the park though. Do hope they get an additional director for Justice League if Snyder still stays on the project. May go see it a second time to absorb more of it.

Hidden Text:

Felt the third act was really messy and that they didn't need to rush into "The Death of Superman" arc which I know Warner Bros. has been wanting to do in a movie for a few decades now. Loved the Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman reveals. Also didn't like that Batman was using guns in the movie and that he killed people intentionally. I get that it's the "edgy" Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns' version; but still that's not the character's original nature. He has a code and hopefully that comes back when Affleck's solo movie comes around with Justice League. Still give props to the guy for the performance. Wonder Woman kicked ass in the few short scenes she was in. Looking forward to her solo flick next year.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Saw the movie last night with my parents and I enjoyed it despite a ton of story and structure issues. Affleck knocked it out of the park though. Do hope they get an additional director for Justice League if Snyder still stays on the project. May go see it a second time to absorb more of it.

Hidden Text:

Felt the third act was really messy and that they didn't need to rush into "The Death of Superman" arc which I know Warner Bros. has been wanting to do in a movie for a few decades now. Loved the Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman reveals. Also didn't like that Batman was using guns in the movie and that he killed people intentionally. I get that it's the "edgy" Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns' version; but still that's not the character's original nature. He has a code and hopefully that comes back when Affleck's solo movie comes around with Justice League. Still give props to the guy for the performance. Wonder Woman kicked ass in the few short scenes she was in. Looking forward to her solo flick next year.

I heard the extended blue ray will fill in some story gaps. Much like with Watchmen it will be a better overall film. I'm going tomorrow. Excited again.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Hidden Text:

I heard the extended blue ray will fill in some story gaps. Much like with Watchmen it will be a better overall film. I'm going tomorrow. Excited again.

Heard about that as well. Very interested in seeing it when it comes out. Have fun man!

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Hidden Text:

Heard about that as well. Very interested in seeing it when it comes out. Have fun man!

It is an extra 30 minutes of film so hopefully it fills in some gaps said to be in the theater version. I'm gonna go in with low expectations and try and just enjoy it for what it is.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ehhh. I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. I kinda liked it.

Hidden Text:

They should have picked The Dark Knight returns or Death of Superman comics. Combining the two didn't work. They should have had the government after Batman and using superman to do it or they should have committed to a better Doomsday story with Batman and WW trying to help save Superman and the city. Too much in the movie. How many times can you show the Waynes getting murdered? One too many dreams. Batman obviously killed people in real life, not just his dreams. Which is a wtf. It's a shame. The actors all did top notch work. The pieces were there. Lex was just a tad bit over the top for my liking. Overall I enjoyed it better than Avengers 2 or Iron Man 2 or 3.

The Batman scenes were classic though. Especially when he was saving a certain "witch". Ben killed it as Bruce.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hidden Text:

They should have picked The Dark Knight returns or Death of Superman comics. Combining the two didn't work. They should have had the government after Batman and using superman to do it or they should have committed to a better Doomsday story with Batman and WW trying to help save Superman and the city. Too much in the movie. How many times can you show the Waynes getting murdered? One too many dreams. Batman obviously killed people in real life, not just his dreams. Which is a wtf. It's a shame. The actors all did top notch work. The pieces were there. Lex was just a tad bit over the top for my liking. Overall I enjoyed it better than Avengers 2 or Iron Man 2 or 3.

The Batman scenes were classic though. Especially when he was saving a certain "witch". Ben killed it as Bruce.

Oh I feel the same way. Completely agree it should of went one or the other.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Hidden Text:

Oh I feel the same way. Completely agree it should of went one or the other.

Hidden Text:

[I did like how Superman's casket was just like the comics if I recall right. But is he gonna come back in a black and silver suit with a mullet? Like the comic? They really went all over the place. This could have easily be two movies. Bats vs Supes and then the death angle.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Finally saw BvS yesterday... I thought it was good. Not great, but good. Not nearly as bad as the critics made out. I thought Richard Roeper nailed it in his review giving it 3 stars out of 4. That'd be my ranking as well.

I've got a TON to say on this film for later, specifically why the Extended 3-hour Snyder Director's Cut is a NECESSITY and why Ben Affleck gave the best performance of his acting career in the film.

Rank of the modern Nolan-produced era:

The Dark Knight 4/4
Batman Begins 3.5/4
The Dark Knight Rises 3.5/4
Man of Steel 3/4
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice 3/4

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin16 wrote:

Finally saw BvS yesterday... I thought it was good. Not great, but good. Not nearly as bad as the critics made out. I thought Richard Roeper nailed it in his review giving it 3 stars out of 4. That'd be my ranking as well.

I've got a TON to say on this film for later, specifically why the Extended 3-hour Snyder Director's Cut is a NECESSITY and why Ben Affleck gave the best performance of his acting career in the film.

Rank of the modern Nolan-produced era:

The Dark Knight 4/4
Batman Begins 3.5/4
The Dark Knight Rises 3.5/4
Man of Steel 3/4
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice 3/4

Good to hear. I can dig these scores.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Hidden Text:

Hidden Text:

I actually think that combining dark knight returns and the doomsday story worked. I mean let's face it, there's nothing new really to the death of superman other than monster goes on rampage, superman dies defeating him.  I also, surprisingly, like Luther.  I went in annoyed that we were getting a fifth superman firm with Luther as villain, but I ended up enjoying it, because it's a version of Luther we don't see a lot anymore, the golden age "mad scientist" Luther.  I didn't think the madness was to much because I suspect it's a setup to the Justice league movie...  he knows Darkseid is coming, I suspect it's part of what's driving him mad.  The dream sequence was kind of a wtf moment, totally out of place.  But I suspect we're going to see the other side of that sequence in the Justice League movie. I suspect that "dream" was a vision of either the future, or a parallel reality, brought on by the speed force because of the flash traveling back in time.  If I'm right, and that's the seed to a time travel/multiverse story, than I think we're in story for one epic Justice League flick, and a movie that might make SvB better in retrospect.

Board footer