You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

Axlin16 wrote:

Notice how ALL OF IT looks like an entire movie set, set up for a film shoot. Very professional. Something makes me think cameras will be rolling. THEIR cameras.

Yeah, but they had their cameras rolling for the UYI tour and the House of Blues 2001 gig, and we never got to see a fucking thing. I've been burned once too often on that score to have any faith that we'll see a professionally-filmed frame of footage from this gig.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

From that short clip, looks like Pitman is still there.   Unless he fucked up on that whole insulting the band and mygnr thing and they got a second keyboard player.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

we're all following the same pages apparently so if anyone can delete my posts where i've put something up that's already posted please feel free to do so. :cheers:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
DCK wrote:

I was hesitant to this as I thought Axl had to compromise greatly, meaning letting go of Chinese. It doesn't look like that is so. I'm not too keen on another AFD nostalgia trip, but if Slash does Better and Chinese, I'm much more onboard.

If we're seriously getting CD tracks at this stage of the game I'm gonna go ahead and wear my assumption hat and say that the 'second half of Chinese' is still in play at some point.

Its not rocket science is it?`

There's CD II (call it Axl's stuff from now on). There's Slash's stuff and there's Duff's stuff. Mix all that up and you got yourself and album.
Axl brings in his big guns, The General, Atlas Shrugged, whatever. Slash takes a look, agrees to whatever. Slash brings his stuff in, Axl agrees to whatever he thinks are cool and so and so on.

I agree James.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Pitman is in for sure.... That fucker... His shit takes up too much space for Slash too.

gunn3rdownunder
 Rep: 1 

Axlin16 wrote:

I love how the Troub has went all out on making it a GN'R fan's wet dream.

Slash's hat from November Rain vid, GNR's Video Vanguard award from 1992 VMA's, some of Axl's jackets and soccer jerseys from the UYI tour, some Alice Cooper promo shit from The Garden...

They'd kick me out. I'd be taking pictures of EV-RY-TANG

I wonder if they are filiming this.

Notice how ALL OF IT looks like an entire movie set, set up for a film shoot. Very professional. Something makes me think cameras will be rolling. THEIR cameras.

Hope they have this in Vegas!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I love how the Troub has went all out on making it a GN'R fan's wet dream.

Slash's hat from November Rain vid, GNR's Video Vanguard award from 1992 VMA's, some of Axl's jackets and soccer jerseys from the UYI tour, some Alice Cooper promo shit from The Garden...

They'd kick me out. I'd be taking pictures of EV-RY-TANG

I wonder if they are filiming this.

What you just described is not The Troubadour, that's the Tower Records museum/shrine that was set up this morning. It was open to the public and people filmed it like crazy of course.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but Axl & Slash couldn't agree on how to put out the Perfect Crime movie, and Slash quit by 1996.

HOB 2001 was supposedly never going to happen. There were sound issues and other technical problems that went on, and supposedly it was not a smooth production backstage (from what I heard). Thus... why it was canned.

Plus that lineup was defunct later in the year. Paul left, and Richard was on, the 2002 thing imploded months later, and by 2004 Bucket was gone as well.

In other words -- there's good excuses why those things never got released.

Guns N' Roses return to the Troubadour in 2016! Axl Rose plays with Slash for the first time since 1993. Axl, Slash & Duff plays with Steven for the first time since 1990... this is the biggest video in the history of the band. THE BIGGEST.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

it's so easy first song apparently

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

rumblings on mygnr say the show has opened with It's So Easy.

Board footer