You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Disturbed Just Dropped the mic with this cover...

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pretty fucking good.  What a great song... Dude, this guy has some Axl rasp at times....

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I just heard this cover on the radio. Pretty friggin' good. I am a fan of the album Believe from them. Kinda has that production and sound too it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I remember hearing a couple Simon & Garfunkle marks shitting on it. Then I heard it... I think Disturbed's version is better

It's certainly the better rock single i've heard in awhile. Really follows and sticks with you. Not to mention Disturbed has been out of the game for awhile. This is a big comeback for them.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

Wow! That was great. I really like Disturbed and this is something very different from them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Bad ass cover indeed. Paul Simon himself gave it props on Facebook the other day. They usually throw a cover on each of their albums. I also enjoy their takes on Tears for Fears "Shout" and "Land of Confusion" from Genesis.

I saw them live in a small theater years ago after they made it big. It was quite a good show. A friend of mine pushed me into the mosh pit at one point. I wanted no part of that. I lasted like 10 seconds and got the hell out of there. Not really a mosher.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I love their rendition of this song. Very stripped down with mostly orchestral and acoustic backing in the studio version. Immortalized is also a pretty solid album overall. I do want to see them live so badly.

Lomax wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I love their rendition of this song. Very stripped down with mostly orchestral and acoustic backing in the studio version. Immortalized is also a pretty solid album overall. I do want to see them live so badly.

Never listened to them much. They used to be blasting around an arcade I used to play pool in back in the early 2000s.
Disturbed, Linkin Park, Korn all that Nu-Metal movement. I remember their version of shout. Loved it. But this is better. 

Axlin16 wrote:

I remember hearing a couple Simon & Garfunkle marks shitting on it. Then I heard it... I think Disturbed's version is better

It's certainly the better rock single i've heard in awhile. Really follows and sticks with you. Not to mention Disturbed has been out of the game for awhile. This is a big comeback for them.

I agree. We all knew the Sound of Silence, it is a big and well known song. But I never understood what it as about or the meaning behind it until I heard Draiman singing the lines "Fool said I you do not know, Silence Like a Cancer grows".
And that Neon God line.
This is a cover on par with Johnny Cash's version of hurt.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Lomax wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Never listened to them much. They used to be blasting around an arcade I used to play pool in back in the early 2000s.
Disturbed, Linkin Park, Korn all that Nu-Metal movement. I remember their version of shout. Loved it. But this is better. 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. We all knew the Sound of Silence, it is a big and well known song. But I never understood what it as about or the meaning behind it until I heard Draiman singing the lines "Fool said I you do not know, Silence Like a Cancer grows".
And that Neon God line.
This is a cover on par with Johnny Cash's version of hurt.

Agreed.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Hate Draiman. Hate his voice, hate his persona. Don't mind the bands music.

Give me Aaron Lewis over him any day of the week.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't get the hype about this cover. It's just fucking corny and awful.

Board footer