You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

bigbri wrote:

it's just a drummer, guys. I dedicate about 1% of my energy to who sits behind the drum kit at a live show, and it really is not very noticeable, honestly.

Take the band Ghost. No one knows their identities because they wear masks and cloaks. As it turns out, Dave Grohl has stepped in and played drums live for them an unknown number of times. No one knew. One of the best drummers out there, you figure someone would notice. Nope.

Lomax wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum & Dizzy Reed

According to the Rock Hall.

Yes and Madonna is a rock and roll band according to the illustrious Rock N roll Hall of Fame too.

They have no authority. They're not the Hogwarts of Rock Music.
They're a bunch of posers who don't understand that the idea of a hall of fame where people can be included or excluded in rock n roll history goes against everything rock n roll stands for.

Fuck em.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Axlin16 wrote:

Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum & Dizzy Reed

According to the Rock Hall.

Well, they are the members or alumni that were inducted.   Those guys all had the largest impact on GnR history.   The CD stuff was too new and different at the time and the public was so biased against it that I don't believe it was ever considered by the HOF.. and that may have had something to do with Axl's reluctance to be involved.

Axlin16 wrote:

Me personally, I happen to think AFD > UYI

I also happen to think CD > UYI (as separate albums only)

So for now... Frank ftw

I agree.   CD is a better album than either of the UYI albums as they are.. although I think if you took all the best songs from UYI I and UYI II and made a 15 track album, it would be close.   Can't deny the power of songs like November Rain and Estranged.

Frank is the best drummer for GnR as it is today.   Some hardcore fans simply will never warm up to him because he's not Adler or Sorum.    Beyond the nostalgia factor, there is little reason to replace Frank with either.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

About Melissa Reese..  I certainly welcome her as a member of the touring band, and wonder what if any impact she might have on future material?   

I'm a bit baffled that Pitman got the boot after 20 years of being in the band.    Comments on mygnr indicate his stupid comments on social media was a reaction to his being taken off the tour.     I wonder why he was replaced by Melissa?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Ah, the never-ending lineup arguments...how I've missed thee.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I agree.   CD is a better album than either of the UYI albums as they are.. although I think if you took all the best songs from UYI I and UYI II and made a 15 track album, it would be close.   Can't deny the power of songs like November Rain and Estranged.

Don't wanna derail the thread too much but that's a big call.

Best of UYIs combined as one album vs CD is a close call? Not even same ball park imo. Best of UYI is far superior. There's not one song on CD better than Estranged, YCBM, NR, CW, Locomotive or DC. Which is a third of an album before CD's strongest tracks even get a look in. I've not even mentioned Coma, DDM, Garden, 14 Years, Breakdown etc.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Don't wanna derail the thread too much but that's a big call.

Best of UYIs combined as one album vs CD is a close call? Not even same ball park imo. Best of UYI is far superior. There's not one song on CD better than Estranged, YCBM, NR, CW, Locomotive or DC. Which is a third of an album before CD's strongest tracks even get a look in. I've not even mentioned Coma, DDM, Garden, 14 Years, Breakdown etc.

This. CD is a close call to the Spaghetti Incident. It is behind Lies for me for sure. You have a few good songs and the rest is very forgettable. CD is a closer call to Contraband but it is better than LIBERTAD.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Uyi collectively has better songs, NR and Estranged are classics, but the filler is crazy. As an album I put CD above them. …If I were to rank them. AFD is basically perfect. I don't even consider LIES a legit album.

Listening to the Jungle vid, it's cool to have those female harmonies.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I wonder why he was replaced by Melissa?

New music with TooL or another nostalgia trip w GnR? Not too tough of a choice from where I sit

basically how I see it anyway

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I heard that he didn't want to do the touring thing anymore and Brain had been lobbying to get Melissa in the band, so it makes sense to make the change now. That's all I heard, and I really wanted to know if he will still be involved but it's a big IDK. One person wants to be there the other doesn't. hmm

Board footer