You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

misterID wrote:

^^yeah, Steven was probably set for a guest spot, that's what it sounds like from people other than Wall. Matt wasn't even at the gig, neither was Izzy. I think Mick wants in on the sudden cool factor of GNR. I'm sure he's reading the forums.

AtariLegend wrote:

The LA weekly review posted in the other thread, said a band source claimed Adler's injury was just a coincidence and he wasn't going to be apart of it anyway.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I doubt LA weekly or Mick Wall have any better sources than any of us.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The LA weekly review posted in the other thread, said a band source claimed Adler's injury was just a coincidence and he wasn't going to be apart of it anyway.

If this is true, it makes it even more interesting what Slash & Steven's relationship is with Axl and the future. Steven has been eerily silent, which means Slash is talking to him imo.

I still feel there's a backdoor deal to bring out Izzy & Steven next year for the AFD 30th Anniversary. I wonder if Steven was fine with this arrangement and Izzy wasn't, and the GN'R camp just felt "well... we've got a year to figure out our negotiation with him"

Matt said from the on-set he wasn't going to be apart of it. Although I think at some point this year, being it's the 25th Anniversary of Use Your Illusion, it might be nice to bring out Gilby & Matt and jam a couple tunes maybe towards the end of the summer tour to coincide close towards the original release of Use Your Illusion I & II.

Then watch the internet freak out about... "WHAT? They bring back Gilby & Matt before Izzy & Steven?!?! What the fuck??!"

That'd entertain me at least 'til Christmas 14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love these times!  Speculation about stupid shit for fun.... It's all fun when you got Slash and Axl together again!  It is like 1992 all over again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed SG. Having Slash & Duff back in the band has been the equivalent of the Berlin wall falling in the GN'R world. From basically the inception of nuGNR, it's created so many different factions and splinter cells of those factions that it began to just be laughable by the DJ/Ron-era. We eventually turned into Eastern Europe post-USSR. We didn't know what the fuck to do with ourselves, or who to root for, and it got to a point... like when I felt like it shifted in me was when Richard wouldn't perform with Slash in Dead Daises. To me that's when it crossed a line into being a big joke. Even DJ with the Top Hat & Cigarette didn't bother me as much as others... but when Richard didn't do that out of respect for Axl, I think it just got to the point of absurdity for me. Because MUSIC SUFFERED. When music starts to be LESS because of those factional reasons, it's a bridge too far.

Combining the fanbases now have completely rebirthed Guns. It's been the Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens moment of Guns, while people will look back and see the CD era probably thrown the eyes of Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Diehards will revere it, call it a lost golden age, the true next step in Guns evolution, while the masses will still bash it because Myers (Slash) wasn't involved.

Now we're all a team again. We're all a collective again. Avengers Assemble baby! But now Guns is a bigger target again. Back on the radar. So are the fans. Which means Johnny Come Lately's, all kinds of other bullshit.

It's familiar waters, yet strange currents and tides. We don't know where were going, but we know what were looking for.

With much love... dedicated to the GN'R fanbase

GN'R might want to cover this... 16

Board footer