You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Walking Dead

Neemo wrote:

They have done very little to develop Aaron's character on the show

AtariLegend wrote:

I think they saw the buzz over the GOT cliffhanger last year and thought they could do the same, but it just doesn't work here.

- Neegan's last few lines before swinging the bat basically told you that it wasn't Rick or Carl.

- It isn't going to matter if it's Eugene (who the audience probably thought was dead when he left the others).

- I couldn't even remember what Aaron's name was until Neemo typed it out.

- Glen would pointless. All impact is lost after that fake-out.

- Maggie doesn't make sense, since she wasn't far off dying anyway.

- There's no shock value if Abraham, Rostia or Sasha are killed off.

- No one expects Michonne so that's the only one that would really make sense

- ...And how ridiculous would be to kill off Daryl after doing the fake out with getting shot?

This was a poorly planned out end to the season.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think they saw the buzz over the GOT cliffhanger last year and thought they could do the same, but it just doesn't work here.

- Neegan's last few lines before swinging the bat basically told you that it wasn't Rick or Carl.

- It isn't going to matter if it's Eugene (who the audience probably thought was dead when he left the others).

- I couldn't even remember what Aaron's name was until Neemo typed it out.

- Glen would pointless. All impact is lost after that fake-out.

- Maggie doesn't make sense, since she wasn't far off dying anyway.

- There's no shock value if Abraham, Rostia or Sasha are killed off.

- No one expects Michonne so that's the only one that would really make sense

- ...And how ridiculous would be to kill off Daryl after doing the fake out with getting shot?

This was a poorly planned out end to the season.

Great post. They think they are so fucking smart and try to be cute. It is bullshit. Move on damnit. We want to see these other groups and how they get along etc. it could have been a 15 minute episode. They stretched that shit out for 90 fucking minutes, increasing tv ad revenue all for a bullshit episode. Best season after season one until last night. What a bullshit ending.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

They ruined what could have been the best moment in walking dead history. Such a cop out man. Way to cut off the balls of Negans entrance into the world.

I see it being Glen even if it lost some impact it will still hit some people hard. And him taking a second shot at a secondary maybe So they can try and redem them shitting the bed.

Trevor from GTA wad awesome. Perfect casting for Negan too.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was Negan really all that impressive? The Negan worship I over the top. Fuck that clown.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I thought it was great.  I admit the 'Cliffhangers' are becoming a bit much, although I thought he admitted he would only 'beat' them, not kill them, so that "oh know, who might die this time" thought isn't there. Was I wrong about that?  The ep itself had a bit of a The Warrios vibe to it, but the eeny meeny miney moe was too much taken from Zed in Pulp Fiction for me.

I think they are open to who gets beat, seems from reading here it isn't strict to the comics, but depending on fan reaction.  Personally, I think there may be a bit of backlast, so my guess is they make it Darryl, to 'give the fans what they want'. Tortured & punished, as Rick & crew make their plans to escape or overtake them, as the merge in with Negan & company.

I am looking forward to this Negan crew, how big they are, how Rick assimilates with them, and how they come out of it.  The good thing is it can very easily take up a full season.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Such a frustrating ending. Makes me believe the show-runners don't even know themselves who Negan killed yet, like they just shot that to buy some time. The better ending would be having the camera on Rick, screaming or just the expression on his face as you hear Lucille (the bat) coming down over one of his groups skull.

And I came up with that in one thought. Surely that would have been a better ending, right? 10

AtariLegend wrote:
Axl4Life wrote:

Such a frustrating ending. Makes me believe the show-runners don't even know themselves who Negan killed yet, like they just shot that to buy some time. The better ending would be having the camera on Rick, screaming or just the expression on his face as you hear Lucille (the bat) coming down over one of his groups skull.

And I came up with that in one thought. Surely that would have been a better ending, right? 10

Might have given away too much, if they kill off a minor character or a character Rick never interacts with. Do you really think Rick would be in tears if Eugene got popped?

Anyway another issue with this nonsense is, it'll be all over the internet when the season starts who was seen filming scenes for next season and who wasn't. If Daryl and Glen are seen on set filming scenes or in the trailer, you'll know they survived.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Let's just admit it. They got too cute for their own fucking good and now they are trying to be like game of thrones.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've watched the final scene 3 times now with various people ... I thought it was really good

Cliffhangers are nothing new folks, nor was GOT the pioneer for the cliff hanger finales ... why the hostility to TWD?

I don't read filming reports of shows so I doubt id get spoiled by those...unless atari posts them here tongue

But the one who was killed will need to be in at least 1 episode next season anyhow

Board footer