You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Motley Crue Discussion

Backslash wrote:

When I heard Crue was doing a new album, I thought it was going to be them trying to conform to the new rock standards.  Clearly, they haven't lost a beat and this sounds extremely similar to their power anthems of the 80s.  Absolutely fantastic!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Until the album comes out if you wanna hear some REALLY good vintage Crue find Sinners & Saints/Rodeo/I Will Survive/Tonight/Black Widow.  They were released as bonus songs on the re-releases of the Crue albums and this stuff is fantastic, rivalling even their biggest known songs.  Another one is Run For Your LIfe (unreleased demo) that you can find under my boots thread or here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VK3Q0B4F

I may have some rare Motley songs I can add to the thread if you guys want 'em.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, after hearing the full version, it sounds pretty bland to me. Doesn't sound uninspired, but doesn't sound overly inspired either. Just sounds like they're retreading the style of their 80's, but without really making anything new of it.

Hopefully the rest of the album sounds better.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Bring on -- barring the unexpected release of Chinese Democracy -- the best album of '08. The Crue kicks ass, now and forever.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Motley Crue announces Crue Fest 2008
Four original members of band to headline 41-show tour
The Associated Press
updated 8:44 p.m. ET, Tues., April. 15, 2008

LOS ANGELES - Motley Crue is hitting the road again '” and they're bringing some friends along for the ride.

The heavy metal band announced the launch of the first-ever Crue Fest on Tuesday. The summer rock festival will feature the four original members of Motley Crue '” singer Vince Neil, bassist Nikki Sixx, guitarist Mick Mars and drummer Tommy Lee '” as well as Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx:A.M. and Trapt.

'We've been wanting to do this forever,' Lee told The Associated Press about the festival. 'And we're finally doing it.'

Produced by Live Nation, Crue Fest will kick off July 1 in West Palm Beach, Fla. The tour will stop in 41 U.S. and Canadian cities.

Known for their bad behavoir and famous girlfriends just as much as they are for hits like 'Girls, Girls, Girls' and 'Dr. Feelgood,' Motley Crue reunited in 2004 and previously toured with Aerosmith in 2006.

'The second we hit the stage, everything is exactly the same,' Lee said. 'But when the house lights go up these days, everybody leaves and goes back to their hotel room or bus or airplane or whatever. It's different now. People have families and kids.'

The band also announced it will release 'Saints of Los Angeles,' their ninth studio album, on June 17.

Lee told the AP the new album '” the first featuring all four original band members in more than a decade '” is a mix of 'old school and new school' Crue.
© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24148293/

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'CRÜE FEST' With BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH: More Tour Dates Revealed - Apr. 15, 2008
More dates have been released for the "Crüe Fest" tour, featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE alongside several other bands, including BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, SIXX: A.M. and TRAPT.

The complete schedule is as follows:

Jul. 01 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
Jul. 03 - Tampa, FL - Ford Center
Jul. 05 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Jul. 06 - Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Jul. 08 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Jul. 09 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Jul. 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
Jul. 13 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion
Jul. 15 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theater
Jul. 16 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
Jul. 18 - Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
Jul. 19 - Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheater
Jul. 20 - St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 22 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Jul. 23 - San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 24 - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com center
Jul. 26 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
Jul. 27 - Denver, CO - Coors Amphitheater at Fiddler's Green
Jul. 29 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheater
Aug. 01 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Aug. 02 - Los Angeles, CA - Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Haven
Aug. 05 - Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheater
Aug. 06 - San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheater at Mountain View
Aug. 08 - Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheater
Aug. 09 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
Aug. 11 - Vancouver, BC CA - GM Place
Aug. 13 - Edmonton, AB CA - Rexall Place
Aug. 14 - Calgary AB CA - Pengrowth Saddledome
Aug. 15 - Saskatoon, SK CA - Credit Union Centre
Aug. 17 - Winnipeg, MB CA - MTS Centre
Aug. 19 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
Aug. 20 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Aug. 22 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
Aug. 23 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 24 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
Aug. 28 - Toronto, ON CA Molson Amphitheatre
Aug. 29 - Albany, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Aug. 30 - Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion
Aug. 31 - Pittsburgh, PA - Post-Gazette Pavilion

It was on March 18 that BLABBERMOUTH.NET first revealed that MÖTLEY CRÜE was rumored to be planning a festival-type tour called "Crüe Fest", with support from several other artists from the Tenth Street Entertainment management stable, including BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH and SIXX: A.M. (Note: The first rumblings of a MÖTLEY CRÜE / BUCKCHERRY tour came as early as March 8). The next day, Tenth Street released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET dismissing those reports as "blatantly false and completely unfounded," although the company did admit that the band's press conference scheduled for today (April 15) in Los Angeles will involve at least "a few" of more than two dozen acts.

A "video teaser" for the press conference '” which appears to contain images of MÖTLEY CRÃœE, BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH and SIXX: A.M. '” can be viewed at this location (Quicktime required).

According to Pollstar.com, MÖTLEY CRÜE is expected to announce today that it will be the next 360-deal signing to Live Nation Artists, adding to the pool that includes MADONNA and, presumably, JAY-Z.

The CRÜE recently denied a post at Robin Leach's Las Vegas gossip blog which suggested that the band had signed a three-album, three-tour deal with Live Nation for $100 million. Although the source of the rumor was reportedly singer Vince Neil, bassist Nikki Sixx said in a statement, "MÖTLEY CRÜE has not signed any deals to tour or record whatsoever. Any information to the contrary is 100 percent incorrect."

MÖTLEY CRÜE's new single, "Saints of Los Angeles", is being streamed at Spinner.com. The song is the title track of the band's ninth album (the previous album title "The Dirt" has now apparently been scrapped), which is tentatively due on July 8.

"Saints of Los Angeles" will be the band's first all-new studio effort since 2000's "New Tattoo". 1997's "Generation Swine" was the last to feature the group's original lineup, which reunited for a successful world tour in 2005.

Although it was reported last fall that drummer Tommy Lee had again quit the CRÃœE over legal issues, he and the group have reconciled.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, after hearing the full version, it sounds pretty bland to me. Doesn't sound uninspired, but doesn't sound overly inspired either. Just sounds like they're retreading the style of their 80's, but without really making anything new of it.

Hopefully the rest of the album sounds better.

For once I got to disagree with you. I think it's actually a pretty damn good song. Vince sounds great and Mick holding it down and Tommy Lee is Tommy Lee. What do people want? They want the Crue back and that's what this sounds like. It's got a few slight modern twists if you listen a little more. It's a good start I'm excited about the album after hearing it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think I might need to give it a few more listens.

The Crue style I was hoping for was the one that pushed their musical boundaries over the 1994 album, and Generation Swine. This just sounds a little to, um... straight forward.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i heard this track finally the other day...its pretty cool stuff i was pleasantly surprised by it 9

Board footer