You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 20/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

monkeychow wrote:

I agree they really seem to be putting in the work to make these good - like Coma, TWAT and so on. Always dreamed they'd play stuff like this but wasn't really sure they would.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I think this show is one of the best so far from what I'm hearing on the (admittedly low quality periscope) - Chinese Democracy sounds amazing....and twat....damn.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I agree they really seem to be putting in the work to make these good - like Coma, TWAT and so on. Always dreamed they'd play stuff like this but wasn't really sure they would.

I must admit I thought it would be a disappointment. I was fully prepared for Mickey Mouse running thru the same setlist we've had for the past 8 years & the whole thing would just be phoned in.
Ever since that first night in Vegas I've regretted not making the trip!
I honestly didn't think they would become the best band in the world in an instant again. It's fuckin crazy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Like John said, it just feels right. It feels like a band, not just a touring cash machine with guys punching a time card. I'm ready for those best band in rock arguments again... I was sort of bummed about not hearing Bucket, Tommy and Robin on CD II if it was re-recorded, but these recordings have got me pretty friggin excited about it.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Wow Slash really paid a respectful tribute to Bucket's TWAT solo... He did a nice job of it.
GN'R how they are supposed to be. Imagine a parallel universe where CD featured Slash etc... mouthwatering proposition...

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm ready for those best band in rock arguments again...

Haha! There is no argument!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I am so happy about all of this!!
No more to say.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I must admit I thought it would be a disappointment. I was fully prepared for Mickey Mouse running thru the same setlist we've had for the past 8 years & the whole thing would just be phoned in.

Absolutely.

I mean Axl has failed at performances for "important" shows before - think about Rio 2012. Then there was the second residency - where they had promised us great things but the band seemed to be on autopilot and you could almost feel the frustration in the air from the band themselves.

I thought there was a serious danger that Axl may come out Mickey, and that Slash would be mournfully doing these shows to recoup divorce dollars but really still have all his heart in his solo stuff.

It's so wonderful to be happily surprised by this band again.

We've really gone back to the era of the old days...where you know it's going to be amazing.

Sorry for the hate too - but I have to say Pitman's comments are so out of line. The guy spent 20 years playing in essentially a GNR cover band and was one of the least important people on stage - and then has the nerve to criticise Slash and Duff for wanting to come back and play their own songs? The more I think about it the more I realise how absurd a statement it was.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

TWAT

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

TWAT

[/embed]
What a fucking solo and scream!!!!!!  9

The beginning has always been tough for Axl to sing, but those screams are worth the price of admission.

Board footer